Sunday, March 18, 2007

Update on the safety of Venezuela


News from the Utopia of Venezuela. We just had a call from my brother in law,pictured above, the same one who I mentioned had been held up at gun point twice, well, this morning after the church service they were loading the sound equipment into his van. You cant just leave the sound equipment as it will be stolen. He had loaded the electric keyboard, a Kawai, and locked up everything as he went back in for more equipment.When he returned, the van had been stolen in under 5 minutes!
Thank the Lord he and all the family are fine.

He and his wife are leaving for the states tomorrow to speak at a conference in our church. They will then be going to go visit their two oldest sons at college in Mo. I am keeping the other 4 nieces and nephews for two weeks.

In light of Ms. Walters Utopian vision of Venezuela, I find the timing to be incredible! Please pray for them as this leaves them without a car .

9 comments:

Linds said...

Good grief, Rita, have you any idea how many posts you have made in the last 2 weeks????????? There I was trying to find out if you were the new friend I had found, and back tracking through the posts to check for the posts I recognised and sure enough, you were, but 2 pages back!!!!Not that I am complaining, mind.... it is always fascinating to read your news. My only excuse is that I am on the work laptop I have at home, and none of my favourites are listed.
Well, enough of that. I found you again, and have caught up. I am very relieved your brother in law is ok too.

Penless Thoughts said...

So sorry to hear this latest bad report. God is still God and God is not moved. Of that we can all be sure. To bad you can't contact Ms. Walters and see if she might offer some help to the situation!!

Jungle Mom said...

Linds; yes, I post everyday. You see after all those years in the jungle without the computer, I have a lot of things on paper that I am trying to get into the computer. So I have a ton of journals on file to draw from! And I keep a running account of the current events of Venezuela. I try and journal everyday.

Penless thoughts; thank you for your concern and prayers! Yes, I wish I knew how to get in contact with the dear lady.

Janie said...

Glad that they are safe! It sounds so volatile down there! Praying for your safety!

Winston said...

hope every thing is allright

Pam said...

Go to Bill Oreilly's website and see if you can leave a pity comment or a not so pithy one concerning the interview between Bawbawa Waters and King Hugo.

Happymama said...

Bless their hearts. I imagine it has been very frustrating for them. But God knows all about it, doesn't HE? God will provide!

~Kristi

Jungle Mom said...

Thank you to everyone for your prayers and concern. They are all fine, and like I said earlier, if you walk away from the robbery it was not that bad! It does mean they are without transportation and public transportation puts one at risk as well so...keep praying!

FeathersMcGraw said...

I am very sorry to hear about the stolen car... but as you said, good to know they are all fine