Thursday, July 05, 2007

I love to see Ol' Glory Flying high!

I just wanted to take a moment to share the over powering love I feel tonight for this great land. I know we have our faults, some very alarming, but, there is no place like America! We are so free and blessed. I am so grateful that I am an American.

We have a rich heritage that we can not take for granted. Many have gone before us and fought and died for what we celebrate today. Our country is special and different and unique. We have been allowed to live in a time in history where we experience a freedom and prosperity unheard of in times past.

We can not allow our childrten to grow up and not understand this. They must know that freedom is something to hold on to, something to cherish and, yes, even to fight for, and if needs be, to die for.

There is an old Marine Corp saying... no one wants to fight, but someone better know how to!

Let freedom ring!!

9 comments:

serendip said...

What a fantastic post. America is the most unique and generous (in every way) country in the world. It's truly a blessing and a sacred privilege to have a chance to live in this country.

Dawn said...

Thanks so much for stopping by today - it must have been wonderful to celebrate the 4th here on American soil this year for your family. Thanks for letting me know about the Nazarene missionaries. Can you e-mail me their names?

nanc said...

amen, jungle mom!

Michael said...

Great post, Jungle Mom. You've definitely expressed what makes America great.

We can not allow our childrten to grow up and not understand this. They must know that freedom is something to hold on to, something to cherish and, yes, even to fight for, and if needs be, to die for.

Oddly enough, that was exactly why my and wife and I brought our kids to Israel...

Jungle Mom said...

michael, I understand the move to Israel. If I were Jewish, I would want to do the same. It is great to be a part of something of historical significance and feel as if you are making a diffference.

WomanHonorThyself said...

agreed Rita!..so nice to have ya back hun!

Pam said...

A hearty Amen Rita! So many children here in America are not being taught how precious their heritage is compared! Nor are they being taught important historical facts!

It's so good knowing you are so close now!

Webutante said...

SO happy you're back safely under the stars and stripes! Welcome home, m'dear!

CaraqueƱa said...

I had the privilege of being in the U.S the Sunday before the 4th. The music in the service was incredible, and I had such a knot in my throat that I couln't even sing most of it. I love America! and VENEZUELA too!