Monday, August 20, 2007

Found in Church Bulletin

Jungle Mom and son

When I opened up the church bulletin, I found an article about my son! I am very proud of 20 year old Josh as he serves the Lord through the ministries of West Gate Baptist Church as he attends Florida Baptist College. One of his weekly ministries is preaching at a local nursing home each Sunday. I am truly blessed of God to have such wonderful children!

Here is what I read:

A testimonial from the son of a resident at West Bay Nursing Center,
where a FBC student ministers.

My mother is a resident at West Bay Nursing Center. My wife and I attend Sunday Services with her on Sunday afternoons. This email is inspired by a young student of yours whose first name is Josh. We have been blessed to watch Josh develop his skills as a preacher. He is definitely a skilled preacher. This afternoon he delivered a sermon based on Paul's letter to the Romans. He artfully compared a metaphor of the slave market, where Roman citizens bought slaves,to Jesus' purchase of our freedom with His life. ( with the emphasis that Jesus bought us, and we need only accept His gift) It was one of the best portrayals of our choice before God I have ever experienced. I deeply appreciate his efforts, as well as those of Bro. Benefield and others who have contributed to the ministry at West Bay Nursing Center. Thank you. Please recognize the great ability and motivation shown by Josh.

11 comments:

Gayle said...

Wonderful, Rita. You can be so proud of him and rightfully so. Besides being a wonderful person he's handsome too. :)

Jackie said...

Tell him I'm proud of him too!

Julie's Jewels said...

What a blessing!! I love that picture of you and Josh. You have every reason to be proud of him. 3 John 1:4 "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth."

jennifer said...

It is so refreshing to read that he is using his calling well, quite well from the sounds of it!

I am so impressed with the Jungle Hut Gang and their service to the Lord.

Rancher said...

That must of been really cool. I remember seeing my son in the local paper once but it was in the police blotter. (Not really!)

Kitty said...

What a neat picture of you both, and an impressive write-up about your son!! You must be very proud of all your children!! =)

RoxieAmerica said...

How delightful! A seed planted, returning a harvest. The picture is excellent.

Thanks for you comment at the Shades of blog. I should tell you that I not only sent that letter you commented on by email, I also posted it into they Ayatollah's website.

Brooke said...

You sure have a lot to be proud of! :D

Penless Thoughts said...

Are you busting your buttons?!!! You should be!!! Wonderful.
Susan

Charles said...

I know you are proud. You have a right to be.

Pam said...

I'm proud of him too! That was neat that someone took the time to write that note and acknowledge the good in someone else.