Friday, February 01, 2008

Jackie's 5 Q's Meme

5 things that I was doing 10 years ago:


1. Living in the jungle without running water.
2. Using Coleman lanterns for light
3. Helping put down cement floors in our hut
4. Using a ham radio for communicating outside of the village
5. Explaining to my daughter why she could not ice skate in the jungl
e


5 snacks that I enjoy:


1. Chocolate
2.Chocolate

3.Chocolate
4.Chocolate
5.Chocolate


5 songs that I know all the lyrics to:


1. Amazing Grace
2. The Star Spangled Banner
3. Gloria a Bravo Pueblo

4. How Great Thou Art
5. Take me Home, Country Roads.

5 things that I would do if I were a millionaire:

1. Travel to Israel
2. Travel to Egypt to see the great pyramids

3. Travel to Machu Pichu, Peru

4. Support several missionaries around the world, and visit them!

5. Buy homes for all my family


5 bad habits:


1. Judgmental
2. Control freak

3. Procrastination
4. Stubborn
5. Impatient


5 things that I like to do:

1. Read
2. Blog
3. Teach
4. Talk
5. Watch Science fiction :)


5 things that I would never wear again:


1. Nylons in South America. Ever.Again.
2. Maternity clothes
3. Bright blue eyeshadow (the 70's!)
4.
Big, fly away wing bangs (the 80's!)
5. Permed hair (the 90's!)

5 favorite toys:


1. My computer
2. My crock pot
3. My Weight Watcher points calculator
4. My espresso machine
5. My rolling scrapbook supply bag

16 comments:

Charles said...

Good idea this post

Charles said...

Oops sorry if I posted twice. I had a poor connection.


I was saying a great idea. I can't remember what I was doing 5 days ago much less 5 years.

Sarah Joy said...

Hey I've been offline for a while while my computer gets help! I didn't know if you gave up on me answering your question on my blog, so I thought I would just tell you here.

We are interning and learning Spanish in Tijuana right now. We are heading out to Mexico City in October. What area of Mexico City are your husband's relatives in? You can answer on my blog if you like! Believe it or not, Ryan has relatives there to that he has never met before. His dad is from Mexico. We also have relatives right here in TJ!

God bless!

Deedra said...

I'm loving the 5 snacks part! I LOVE chocolate! Unfortunately at this point is gives me wild heartburn! But I choose to suffer through it anyway...lol

Liz said...

May I say that share many things with you??!!! except the chocolate part.. Rita, there are other foods!! hehehe

And thanks for knowing by heart our national anthem...

WomanHonorThyself said...

loved it girl!..chocolate..a girl after my own heart..lol!

Jungle Mom said...

Liz,
Two of my children were born in Venezuela and I wanted them to learn their national anthem. I also taught it to the indian children in their school.

Teresa said...

Ummm....now what was I doing yesterday? Beats me, hehehe.

Brenda said...

I love this post. When you come to Paraguay we will have to sneak away now and then for coffee and chocolate ;)

Gayle said...

"Explaining to your daughter why she can't ice skate in the jungle!" ROTFALMBO! You are a card... or... since that's probably true, your daughter is a card. :)

groovyoldlady said...

For some reason I am suddenly hungry for....Chocolate.

Harry said...

OT -
Hi Jungle Mom,
Thanks for thinking of me. I'll be back to posting this weekend . . . probably.

marina said...

enjoy reading your post and I love chocolate too,marina

redneck preacher said...

I swiped the quiz but gave you credit. You are a courageous lady.

HTOITA

gecko said...

I'm impressed you can remember that far back! They were still fun days, and we were free to do many things back then. Do you take a supply of chocolate with you when you go into the jungle??

Janie said...

Nylons in South America have to be a torture device. But I can't believe you ever really wore frosty blue eye shadow!!!! (I think I had some way back then...but surely I never wore it)