Friday, August 15, 2008

My Dad's Surgery

UPDATE: This was sent out by my Dad's assistant.

Hallelujah! Pastor Riffe's procedure is over and he is doing great! The problem artery was 99.5% blocked, can you believe that! The doctors performed an angioplasty and his artery is flowing well again, with only 10% blockage. Thank you all for your prayers, but don't stop - keep those prayers coming. The family has requested that Pastor receive NO VISITORS, either at the hospital or the house, for the next couple of days. Pastor has not slept well in days and he is really worn out and he needs to get some good rest. He will be kept in the hospital overnight for observation and will go home tomorrow. Pray that God will raise him up so that he will be able to be with us Sunday morning. God truly is good all the time!

Thanks,

Timothy S. Padgett
"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6





My
Dad is going in for surgery this morning. His cardiologist discovered he had more blockage than at first thought. He has already under gone two open heart surgeries. The procedure today may be a catheterization, or a stint may be put in. They will not know until they are in the OR.

Please uphold him in your prayers today and my mother as well.

20 comments:

Starla said...

I will pray not only for your dad and mom, but also for you.

Findalis said...

I will keep both of them in my prayers and also you dear friend.

MK said...

Hope it goes well JM, will pray for him.

MK said...

Short answer JM, because he's banking on people assuming that only white people can be racist. Heck, i'm sure progressives think that anyway.

MK said...

oops, i think i made a mistake with one of my comments, i meant the second comment for the Obama entry. Sorry JM.

Thursday's Child said...

I hope it goes well. Dad had to have a second surgery to get rid of adhesions from the first surgery. What is it with Dad's arranging to have these health problems when their daughters are living overseas? (Or in your case, way south of the border?) LOL

Rebecca said...

Your family is in my prayers. Lord willing he will only need stents.

Deedra said...

I will keep you all in my prayers!

Pilot-Pooja said...

As you say dear!

The Great Lord will always listen to your wishes!!

Brooke said...

Good luck to him.

Mrs. C said...

Praying for you all! :)

julie said...

You'll all be in my prayers, too, JM.

Baptist Girl said...

Hi Rita,
my prayers are with your dad and your family. My dad had a stint put in 2 years ago. We thought we were going to loose him and the doctors said they were going to try a stint and it worked! My dad has had numerous heart attacks, this Stint has been a God send.

Cristina

Ashley said...

Definitely praying!!!

And wow. you're like a celebrity in blogworld LOL

crazy4danes said...

Your family is in my prayers! I hope all goes well!

Liz said...

Good news! very happy with the results.

Un abrazo!

Kate said...

Your father, as well as your entire family, are in my prayers! Un abrazo desde DC.

Mrs. Who said...

Prayers being said that the Lord guides the doctor's hands, and that He gives your mother the strength to bear the weight of worry...and all be lifted up in the glory of God.

The Localmalcontent said...

Your father is pretty special to me, as you may already know...
He was and will be in my prayers here, your mother as well.

That's great news, his successful operation! naturally he is one of Jesus' favorites, and I can imagine, one of America's too!

Let's hear of updates here, please, as you receive them?

Baptist Girl said...

Rita,
I'm so happy for your dad and family!

Cristina