Sunday, October 19, 2008

Favorite Scripture Passage

Although my favorite book of the Bible is Philippians, the two verses which have most impacted my life are found in the book of Romans.


Romans 15:20-21

Yea, so have I strived to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build upon another man's foundation:

But as it is written, To whom he was not spoken of, they shall see: and they that have not heard shall understand
.
A young Ye'kwana reading the New Testament.
He later became the village school teacher
and personally taught hundreds to read and write their language.

I am sure you can understand the appeal of these verses as my husband and I set forth to live and work among the Ye'kwana tribe.

Do you have a favorite scripture from the Bible or one that has been an influence in your life decisions? Share them with us!

6 comments:

Betty said...

Psalm 139!
It shows me that God loves me just as I am. He knows me from before I was born and he knows all of the days of my life.
This has always helped me to be aware of his presence in any situation in my life. He will guide me through whatever comes.

The Localmalcontent said...

Matthew 7, the whole chapter.

But most of all the 7th through the 11th verses, for it clearly shows the love of God and of Jesus to His creation.
Jesus' words there are direct, positive and unequivical.

For our Savior does not say there "ASK, and mayyybe we'll get back to you, SEEK and perhaps you'll get lucky, KNOCK and the door shall be opened, if it's convenient"-- NO~!
Instead, He says "it SHALL BE GIVEN", "YE SHALL FIND", AND "THE DOOR SHALL BE OPENED".
But then the ultimate statement of a truly, loving Creator:
"Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask Him!

Jane said...

Thanks for sharing that verse and the picture. Ain't God good???

SurvivalTopics.com said...

Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees...

Pat said...

Psalm 121

It is a short chapter giving me the hope that God is steadfast...He will not let me fall!!

Many times I have drawn on this, but I believe it meant most after losing a baby and I spent several month in bed trying to recouperate.

ABNPOPPA said...

Most people I know would think my blog name/verse Mark 1:11 would be my favorite. It was started when my son was deployed to Iraq. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and I know of no better One to try to follow than the Almighty.

Having said that my grandfather and father and I are all military veterans. I was brought up on Psalm 23. It has been my favorite and my strength in troubled times.