Friday, December 05, 2008

The Bucket List

My friend in the Ukraine (Building 68) had this on her blog so I thought I would try it. It is a list different things and those high lighted are the ones I have done. What about you?

1. Started your own blog ( You're reading it!)
2. Slept under the stars (Many different times)
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower( A really great one in Mexico)
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland/world
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang/played a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning ( Kim , remember the country fair?? I also had e coli once)
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26.Bathed in a river ( The river was our tub for a few years as we had no plumbing!)
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse ( It scared the Ye'kwanas!)
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language ( A time or two, or three)
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied ( I am easily satisfied)
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David in person
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight ( The Caribbean, which I miss)
46. Been transported in an ambulance ( In Puerto Ordaz, Venezuela after a 3 hour emergency flight in a Cessna with a gallbladder attack)
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling ( In the Caribbean)
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie (mission movies!)
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class ( Tae Kwan Do in Mexico! Bet you never knew that!)
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Gotten flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy--( a doll missing an arm)
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar

72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square ( While Jackie nearly passed out)

74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book .(not yet!)
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating- (many, many times. Sorry PETA!)
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Made a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
And I'll add one of my own,
100. Built a house out of mud!

18 comments:

Brenda said...

Built a house out of mud. . . I wonder how many people can say that! Honestly though, that would not be on my "bucket list" ;)

firepig said...

Good Morning !!

Isn't life wonderful JM? I was taken on a walk through memory lane on many,but not on all.I never saw old geyser, but would like to.Nor have I ever built a mud house; just to name a few of what I have not done -and luckily we may have a few years left to experience more of this amazing world.

I will add one to the list though:

I have walked on 8 ft of burning Fire, without getting burned.

Betty said...

I did this list a while back too. It´s fun. Yours was interesting.
You saved someone´s life? How did that happen?

Liz said...

Very interesting Rita, and of course I'm not gonna built a house out of mud!!!

Here are some of mine:

Done:
.Watched a lightning storm at sea
.Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
.Taught yourself an art from scratch (many times!)
.Taught yourself another language
.Had your portrait painted (a couple of times and I also have a self painted one)
.Gone to a drive-in theater (my dad loved to take us!)
.Gone whale watching (in Maine)
.Been fired from a job (and survived)
.Bought a brand new car (with my own money.. and couldn't drive it HA!)

My favorite: been at 70 F (below CERO!)

And still so many things pending!!! (this was fun)

Soul Skittles said...

Yeah!! This is fun bloggy thing! :D
Yeah it's probably because my template is a thing I made and then uploaded to Photobucket, safe eyes might've blocked the picture. Yall have safe eyes, right? anyways yeah sorry bout that.

Gayle said...

Okay, I didn't have time for this but did it anyway! I couldn't help myself:
1. Started my own blog.
2. Slept under the stars.
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower.
7. Been to Disneyland/world
8. Climd a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang/played solo
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning (got it right here in the states!)
18. Grown your own vegetables.
21. Had a pillow fight.
22. Hitch-hiked.
24. Built a snow fort.
25. Held a lamb.
25. Bathed in a river.
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice.
29. Seen a total eclipse.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset.
31. Hit a home run.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied. (I'm easily satisfied too! LOL!)
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight.
46. Been transported in an ambulance.
52. Kissed in the rain.
53. Played in the mud.
54. Gone to a drive-in threater.
55. Been in a movie (a movie for the Federal Aviation Administration).
58. Taken a martial arts class (Karate).
63. Gotten flowers for no reason.
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma.
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp.
71. Eaten Caviar.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person.
84. Had your picture in the newspaper.
85. Read the entire Bible.
87. killed and prepared an animal for eating. (No apologies to PETA! LOL!)
88. Had chickenbox.
89. Saved someone's life.
90. Sat on a jury.
91. Met someone famous.
93. Lost a loved one.
94. Made a baby.
95. Seen the Alamo in person.
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake.
97. Been involved in a law suit.
98. Owned a cell phone (but I only use it for emergencies).
99. Been stung by a bee.

Never built a house out of mud, but rennovated the one we live in which was originally built in 1890! :)

Father Gregori said...

I loved reading those. I shall post mine on my blog on Sunday.

God Bless

Mountain Mama said...

This is a great way to get to know one another. I'm impressed with all you have done. I have never been able to kill an animal but have dressed chickens and turkeys, butchered deer and elk.
I did try to kill a chicken once but as it stretched it's neck across the chopping block it seemed to know it was going to die. When I brought the axe down, I did it 'easy' because I didn't want to hurt it. Unfortunately I cut it's neck and it did some pathetic squaking. My sister was with me and she took the axe and finished the job. I nearly fainted and never tried again.

Ducky's here said...

Skip the gondola ride.

Ultra expensive and Venice is crowded and stinky.

Substitute a visit to the Uffizi in Florence.

Findalis said...

Nor mine Brenda. But mine would also have: Swam in the Dead Sea. (Ok floated sort of).

Pam said...

OH I had forgotten the Tae Kwon Do in Mexico! I babysat Jackie while you all went!

Don't you have photos somewhere of you all in garb?

cube said...

That's just too much information for this secretive polygon to divulge, but I can safely add that I have never built a house out of mud. I am, however, in awe of you that you did. Good job.

Kimberly said...

I was thinking of the exact same thing!

Kath said...

That was fun! I'll write mine down later since it's long. We have many in common. My question is: Who was the famous person you met? Mine was Roselynn Carter! I'll tell you about it sometime! I was able to spend about 15 minutes talking to her--just she and I! Fun!

redneck preacher said...

I did it also but I feel guilty. Do guys do stuff like this. It'll be on my blog someday.

HTOTIA

Barbara H. said...

This likes like fun! My, you've had an adventurous life!

I'll do mine either Saturday or one day next week, but it will look pretty tame next to yours!

I'll be looking for that book!

MightyMom said...

come and take a peek at who won thesaurus thursday!! and don't forget to guess again for this week!!

MightyMom said...

oh I've built a house out of mud! it was perfect for my lego people to play in!

.............

you never said HOW BIG!!

:-)