Thursday, January 29, 2009

Attitude of Gratitude


A friend of mine, Brendas Blog from Paraguay, here in Paraguay tagged me for this award which is for Attitude and/or Gratitude. She had these kind words to say about me and my blog.

Rita:blogger/tweeter whose humor and passion keep me interested in her blog

The rules are,

* Put the logo on your blog or post.
* Nominate at least 10 blogs which show great Attitude and/or Gratitude!
* Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
* Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
* Share the love and link to this post and to the person from whom you received your award



I would like to pass this award on to some of the newer blogs I have been reading lately.

sambeno
This is written by Siberia tom. Our paths crossed in South America and I count his family among my treasured friends. He began blogging while living and working in Mongolia and now is recently returned to Siberia.

Building 68
A missionary wife who was my neighbor in the missionary complex we both lived at while on furlough. Admittedly, we did most of our visiting in the laundromat! She is writing from the Ukraine.

Hagermans on a MISSION!
Christie is very brave. She just recently arrived here in Paraguay and is living in a small town about two hours away. She has shown a great attitude as she deals with all the new things one has thrown at them when arriving in a new country. I have only met her twice and she is always interesting.

Keepin' the Faith
Another missionary here in the country. We have not met yet, but she writes very well and I feel as if we know each other already!

Portrait of Grace
This is a blogger who I knew as a high school student when I was teaching at a christian school. She writes about home schooling and it has been nice catching up on her 'adult' life!

Rosie Rambles On
The newest blogger on the blog! Rosie and her family served as missionaries in Venezuela for 18 years, where her husband grew up. They worked with the same tribe we did. She has two books published and you will find her writings interesting.

Life Goes On
P writes of her growth as a young christian. She recently went through a difficult time and has shown such maturity and an amazing spirit through it all! I am so proud of her.

fungle jungle
I like this one mostly because of the cool name!

pen of jen / Double Nickel Farm
Not so new, but always a great attitude! She has a window into my home via the web cam but I am sure she will not divulge all that she sees! You will especially enjoy her post which was featured by Michelle Malkin at Thanksgiving! Giving thanks for self-reliant Americans


foreignculture
Chris is a pastor. I knew him as an MK when his father worked in Venezuela.

So, check them out!

6 comments:

Karen said...

Thank you thank you :) And no worries about getting me 'in trouble' lol I just hope that my reply was received as repectfully disagreeing. What did you think?

Julie said...

I'm honored, Rita. YOU are the great writer and I thoroughly enjoy reading your cultural/political/missiological insights.

Brooke said...

Fungle Jungle?

Sounds like a anti-mold agent. ;)

No insult! It just made me think that!

p'slifegoeson said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww Thank you! I feel so honored. This means alot.<3 I have heard this somewhere, "to write well, you have to write what you know." Isn't that the truth?

marina* said...

Those were really interesting blogs! Thanks and yes I am really motivated to do this and my mother thinks im crazy but eh, I have goals in sight and I'm going after them.

Humble wife said...

Thank you Rita...web cam??? LOL... Must confess that the fear of whatever has been put on my web cam teen...

As sometimes I may wander in my pj's/ to think that I could probably hear laughter in Paraguay if one were to see me!!! To die for sure!!!

Thanks again for making the blog thing a fun thing. Love the Jungle Hut family...you are an example to us all.
Jennifer
Sorry about the views in NM web...it is our school room)