Thursday, January 01, 2009

A New Years meme

I saw this at Kate's, A Colombo Americana's perspective, and Julia's,The end of Venezuela as I know it, and thought it was a pretty good meme for the new year.

What is your idea of perfect happiness?
My husband, my children and their spouses and grand children all together under the same roof for a meal. Or even in the same country...or the same continent. Oh well, at least we are all in the same hemisphere!



What is your greatest fear?

Becoming useless and irrelevant.

Which historical figure do you most identify with?
Jonathon Goforth
He said,
"I love those that thunder out the Word. The Christian world is in a dead sleep. Nothing but a loud voice can awake them out of it."

Which living person do you most admire?
My husband.

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
Procrastination, followed by lack of compassion.

What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Arrogance displayed as a sense of entitlement or superiority.

What is your greatest extravagance?
Spending time and money on books.


What do you consider the most overrated virtue?

Misplaced generosity.

What do you dislike most about your appearance?
My weight.

Which living person do you most despise?
EASY!!! Hugo Rafael Chavez Frias, HHH (His Highness Hugo)

What is your greatest regret?
Not dedicating more time to the Ye'kwana language as I thought I would have plenty of time later.

What or who is the greatest love of your life?
After Christ, my husband and the Ye'kwana. I love being a missionary!

What is the quality you most like in a man?
Self confidence.

What is the quality you most like in a woman?
Knowledge

Which talent would you most like to have?
Athletic ability!

What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Raising four children who are now adults and teenagers whom I admire as people.

If you were to die and come back as a person or thing, what do you think it would be? Well, I plan to come back for the Millennium and rule with Christ.

What do you most value in your friends?
Sincerity

Who are your favorite writers? C.S.Lewis, Tolkien, Charles Dickens, and many, many more!

Who is your favorite hero of fiction?
Pipi Longstocking! She is so cool ,and strong and has red hair! She has a pet monkey and her father is the
chief of the natives of
Kurrekurredutt Isle ! AWESOME!
She is very unconventional, assertive, and extraordinarily strong, being able to lift her horse one-handed without difficulty. She frequently mocks and dupes adults she encounters, an attitude likely to appeal to young readers; however, Pippi usually reserves her worst behavior for the most pompous and condescending of adults.


What is it that you most dislike?
People who speak with authority on subjects they know nothing about, such as indian culture and missions.

How would you like to die?
In my sleep, one day after my husband, so I do not have to live without him.


What is your motto?
Just do it! Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

12 comments:

groovyoldlady said...

This is a good one, so I'm stealing it!

You and I have the same self-perceived weaknesses. Just today I had to BADGER myself to act compassionately toward someone. It's pretty pathetic that I have to deliver an entire sermon to myself to call someone for 10 minutes and help relieve their loneliness. Sheesh!

And let's not talk about procrastination on this, the first day of the new year. All I have accomplished today is...um...well...delivering a sermon to myself and making one ten minute phone call!

Betty said...

This tells me so much about you, Rita. And I admire you even more now... You are a giving, talented lady and I feel honored that you read my blog and to have met you!
I hope that you start to feel at home in Paraguay in this new year 2009, and wish you many blessings in the work that you are doing!

shellee said...

Hi Rita, I got a link to your site off of our website. It was posted by Brendaparaguay. Great questions and wonderful website. I'm going to have to take your list and think about how I would answer them. Happy New Year! I'll be back to your site because I want to find out more about your adventures.

~K~ said...

Those are great questions! You gave some great answers! You may see it on my blog, of course, with my answers! :-)

commoncents said...

Great post!

BTW, would you like a Link Exchange with our new blog COMMON CENTS where we blog about the issues of the day??

http://www.commoncts.blogspot.com

Christopher Hamilton said...

Happy New Year!

Christopher Hamilton
The Right Opinion, for the Right Wing

Brenda said...

That was good! I enjoyed reading that and discovering a few more things we have in common.

MightyMom said...

and I am proud to call you FRIEND!

Pam said...

I just love that groovyoldlady!

This was a great, thoughtful meme. I might take a stab at it later.

Your fascination with Pippi Longstockings as a young girl all makes sense now!! It was prophetic that you would be an assertive, red head dealing with tribes!

Steve Harkonnen said...

Good meme.....makes me think, thanks!

Always On Watch said...

A good meme -- and thanks for not tagging anyone.

Happy New Year, Jungle Mom! May 2009 bring more evidence of the harvest of souls.

decorative fishing net said...

Good article, good things, good feelings, good BLOG!
Saftey Net