Monday, March 23, 2009

A Paraguayan Wedding

Last night we had a wedding...


The Bride and Groom



The Ceremony by the lake



Clint speaking on marriage




I Corinthians 13 - True Love



Brian and Elena awaiting the bridal party
(due to a florist mishap, Elena did not receive her basket of flowers)



The teens hanging out before the ceremony.


Guess who caught the bouquet????


This was my first wedding to attend here in Paraguay. My family was very busy all day preparing for the event. The Bride dressed and had her hair and make up done at Jackie's house. We watched the grand babies and dressed the flower girl at our house. Due to a mishap with the florist, her basket did not arrive and she did not get to walk. She was very upset that she"Didn't get married!" Jayde sang two different songs during the ceremony and caught the bouquet! Pastor Lennon officiated the ceremony, but the couple asked for Clint to give a small devotional on the purpose of marriage. Jackie was busy as the photographer of the event.

I decided I was officially old as we left the reception early with our two grand daughters. Once home, we ate jello together and watched a Barney DVD. A perfect evening!

19 comments:

Kathy said...

What a beautiful day and wedding! I think it's great that you got the fun part of babysitting, including jello and Barney! Those days will be over too soon!

Betty said...

The wedding looks beautiful! You had perfect weather.
I guess it´s not so bad being old, if you can spend time with the grand babies, right?

redneck preacher said...

Pretty cool going to a wedding you don't have to pay for. Teach the daughters to elope has always been my philosophy. It didn't work but I tried.

Jayde caught the flowers huh? Anyone nibbling? Clint does own a shotgun, right?

HTOITA

MightyMom said...

fabulous!

Brenda said...

Looks hot. . . what lake were you by? Weddings are always so much fun!

Tori said...

Looks like a great time and the bride was beautiful!

Julie said...

It was such a gorgeous weekend for a wedding too! I love Paraguayan weddings and it's so fun to be able to help with the festivities, isn't it!!!

Mrs. C said...

Jayde caught the bouquet!?? LOL more gran-babies soon, then. :]

Sarah Joy said...

Alright! Beautiful wedding!

Jane said...

Sounds lovely. Eating jello and watching Barney and being with grand babies sounds like a LOT of fun to me!!

Brooke said...

How wonderful!

Starla said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

The Hermit said...

Sounds like a good time to me. Too bad about the flowers, though.

firepig said...

JM,

I remember watching Barney movies with my first grandson,and the songs forever embedded in my brain.For some reason though, they give me a melancholy feeling.Maybe because I realize he will never be a baby again.


I know how it feels to feel old:

I am caring for my new grandson almost everyday for 12 hours a day,and it it is sooo hard.

Thanks again for sharing your life.I love to hear your stories and see the pics.

Liz said...

I'm with RP.. I mean, does Clint have a gun??
:D

Pam said...

I wanted to cry when I found out Lele couldn't get married! *whaaa*She was still so cute standing there though!

Rough Edges said...

There is another wedding coming up soon...

A testimony to the grace of God!!!

P and I are getting hitched!!!

sheela said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Kaylee

http://www.craigslistpostingonline.info

ericwa said...

Try going to Naplesweddingcatering.com