Sunday, March 08, 2009

A Prayer

Father,

I come before you knowing I have great need of your grace upon me. I come before you knowing that the things which I think I know, I truly do not see clearly.

Often times ,Father, you seem far away and the people and things of this world are what seem real to me. I ask you to allow me to see that which is of eternal import. May Christ be real to me and let all earthly possessions and experiences not be a stumbling stone to me, that all material objects be removed from my heart so that I may know you as a person and nothing else will fit in my heart, but You.

May You be my all. And may You fill my life in such a way that others might see You through me. Help me to understand the great differences between these two mentalities, the material one of the world, and the everlasting one, that of your truth.

Let my life be righteous and not sinful. Let my life show a true Christian, not a false one. If there is need to remove something from me to free me to be all that You would wish, please, take away all that stands between myself and You.

Do not allow me to be deceived by my own mind, thinking that I have seen and comprehended , when I have not. To think I have found the way, when I have not. Let me be full of your Spirit and not of things!

Establish yourself within me! Shine forth, changing my inner man and my outer man that others may see Christ alone and not the carnal person that I am. Let them see You so that they too, might know your joy.

What I can not say, say through me. Forgive me my human weakness. Bare my soul. Expose my sinful heart so that I may see my true self as you see me.

May truth be revealed to me so that I might see you and not be distracted by worldly, materialistic distractions. May your Word and name be glorified in all the earth , which is my true purpose of life here upon this planet.

To make known your Glory so that the nations might rejoice.

Amen


Malachi 1:11
For from the rising of the sun even unto the going down of the same my name shall be great among the Gentiles; and in every place incense shall be offered unto my name, and a pure offering: for my name shall be great among the heathen, saith the LORD of hosts.

8 comments:

CONNIE'S THOUGHTS FROM THE HEART said...

AMEN~~~~ connie

Thursday's Child said...

Amen!

Pilot-Pooja said...

Amen dear Jungle Mom!

May the Father give you every little good think you pray for!

Betty said...

AMEN!

Nina in Portugal said...

Amen Rita!

I have a video on my blog that makes me think of you and your hubby. Come see.

julie said...

Amen

Kathy said...

Very nice--thanks! Have a nice week!

Tammy said...

Amen, my sister.