Saturday, July 18, 2009

I'm back

This will be a 'drive by posting'!

I just got back from the basketball camp where we had over 50 kids ages 14 and up. Paraguayans playing basketball was quite a sight. They used their feet like soccer and it was decided to finally give up on even calling 'traveling'. Every time a basket was made the players would yell 'GOOOOAAALLL! There were about as many baskets made as goals in a soccer game so it seemed appropriate. BUT they had a blast which was the point. And we froze! It was down to 2*C one night.

Last night we were up late as none of the kids really wanted to go to bed. I came home and did manage a nap, an awesome nap, a most wonderful warm nap in my own bed! Now I am heading out to church for a special service.

I'll write more about the camp and try to post photos in the next few days.

5 comments:

Joy said...

I thought that is what you said when you made a basket in basketball. :)
We took our daughter to see the Houston Texans football game and she asked us what inning it was.
I understand these things.
Glad it was fun and you had a good crowd of kids.

Brenda said...

Camp in Paraguay . . . its hard to describe how much energy those kids have. I WOULD have like to see them playing basketball though.

BPOTW said...

Oh, my, I bet that was fun! Looking forward to pics.

Findalis said...

Welcome back. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Betty said...

Glad you had a good time. We made a "flash visit" in Asu this weekend but are home now too.
Can´t wait to see some pic´s!