Sunday, August 16, 2009

Ten Life Principles

PRINCIPLE ONE:

Relationships are more important than fame or things.

Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon the earth,
where moth doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up
for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt,
and where thieves do not break through nor steal.

Matthew 16:19-20



PRINCIPLE TWO:

Nothing anyone can do to me can harm me; only my reaction will harm me.

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose.
Romans 8:28

PRINCIPLE THREE:

It is more blessed to give than to receive.

I have shewed you all things, how that labouring ye
ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he
said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.

Acts 20:35



PRINCIPLE FOUR:

Each person is a creation of God and is unique.

Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee: and
before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee
a prophet unto the nations.

Jeremiah 1:5



PRINCIPLE FIVE:

Happiness is a by-product of faithfulness to God and not a goal.

But godliness with contentment is great
gain.

1 Timothy 6:6



PRINCIPLE SIX:

If I am careful to do the little things well, the big things will take care of themselves.

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy
might: for there is no wok, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave,
whither thou goest.

Ecclesiastes 9:10



PRINCIPLE SEVEN:

Change is always possible. Neither success nor failure is final.

Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed
lest he fall.

1 Corinthians 10:12



PRINCIPLE EIGHT:

I must not take myself too seriously.

For I say, through the grace given unto me, to
every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought
to think: but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to everyman the
measure of faith.

Romans 12:3



PRINCIPLE NINE:

Everyone and everything are my teachers. We are interdependent.

For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all
members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is
Christ.

1 Corinthians 12:12



PRINCIPLE TEN:

Be all that you are wherever you are.

Whatsoever they hand findeth to do, do it with thy
might: for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the
grave, whither thou goest.

Ecclesiastes 9:10


These principles were shared with us by Dr. Don Sisk who spent many years as a missionary in Japan and later as the General Director of our Mission.. They are foundational truths that will guide your life and minstry.

6 comments:

Betty said...

Thanks for these Rita! They are very true and meaningful. Nr. 2 struck a note with me and I´m writing about that in tomorrow´s post. I hope you don´t mind.

Z said...

Thanks, Rita..all good things to remember.
I'm glad you SHEWED them to us :-)

Brenda said...

Love these. But I don't hear a lot of people talking about #2 and #9, although they are principles that guide my life as well.

FJ said...

Real words of wisdom.

Always On Watch said...

If I am careful to do the little things well, the big things will take care of themselves.

One of the hardest lessons I've had to learn!

I began living by the principle back in 1983 after a spiritual crisis prompted by a work situation.

Kathy said...

Thanks for sharing Rita. It's nice to have the principles with the Bible texts!!!