A New Year's Meme .
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
I traveled to Uruguay
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I did resolve to loose weight and managed to loose 35lbs in 8 months, this year I would like to lose another 20lbs.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, but my oldest daughter will be having her third baby in March.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank God.
5. What countries did you visit?
Argentina, three times, and Uruguay.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
The return of my daughter and her family to Paraguay .
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
June. Jewel left for college in the states. December, Had a hysterectomy in Paraguay.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I'm still here aren't I????
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not being disciplined enough to finish my autobiography
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Not compared to what some of my friends have gone through , like Brendas Blog from Paraguay!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My husband, as he cared for me during sickness and surgery, and made me laugh even when it hurt!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The Obama Administration
14. Where did most of your money go?
Rent ,food and college!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The fact that my home schooled dyslexic daughter has a 3.25 GPA in college!
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
'Bury My Heart on the Mission Field'
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
Sadder... miss my kids!
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer?
Poorer, I have a kid in college
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Shared my life with more people and finished writing my book!
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
At home recovering from surgery. Web cammed with the kids on Christmas Eve and enjoying the meal prepared entirely bu my husband and youngest daughter.
21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
22. What was your favorite TV program?
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hate is a strong word.,but, "The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate." Proverbs 8:13 KJV
24. What was the best book you read?
'The Big House', by George Howe Colt ~ Reminded me of my husbnad's Aunt Sara's beach house in South Carolina and all the good family history that has happened there.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
My friend Z singing 'Mary Did you know?'
26. What did you want and get?
I wanted to feel at home in this country and now I do.
27. What did you want and not get?
I had hoped to fit in a size 10 dress....
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Went out with my hubby and had cake with the kids. I was 40 something, still am, and ever shall be!
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If my son and daughter in law lived near by!
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Comfort. I have not bought any clothing since arriving in Paraguay in August 2008!
32. What kept you sane?
.My faith in the sovereign will of God!
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Not much impressed with celebrities... but I LOVE Sarah Palin.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
The bail out that never ends. I am morally opposed to leaving such a debt to my children and grand children and really dislike being 'owned' by the Chinese.
35. Who did you miss?
Oh so many people ~ in Venezuela ~ in the USA ~ friends across the globe!
36. Who was the best new person you met?
There were several, can't really single out one.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
JUST DO IT!