Sunday, August 12, 2007

IF

In the book 'if' by Amy Carmichael it says:




if I ask to be delivered from trial rather
than for deliverance out of it,
to the praise of His glory;
if I forget that the way of the cross
leads to the cross
and not to a bank of flowers;
if I regulate my life on these lines,
or even unconsciously my
thinking,
so that I am surprised when the
way is rough and think it
strange, though the word is,
"Think it not strange,"
"Count it all joy."
then I know nothing of Calvary love.

3 comments:

Gayle said...

All too true. This poem makes a very good point. What a shame there are so many people out there who wouldn't even be able to grasp it's meaning.

God bless! I hope you're enjoying a wonderful Sunday.

Michael said...

And just for a different take on "If," here is Rudyard Kipling:

If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!

Brenda said...

I love Amy Charmicael. She always hits the nail on the head.