Saturday, November 10, 2007

A Quick Update

I know it seems like I have dropped off the edge of the world, but we are involved in a great mission conference at MVBC: Welcome! and it is an 8 day conference, very busy, but a blast!!!

My favorite event was meeting this Adult TCK, "Tim", who was born in Paraguay and true to his MK roots, he showed up at the men's dinner with a thermos of hot "mate " and cup and silver straw. He was willing to share, a friendly Paraguayan custom.



We head back to Florida next Tuesday and I am looking forward to seeing my son and having my internet back!! I also am ready to get warm! It was in the 20's! Not a good thing for me... me and cold are like cats and water!! Something terrible, best avoided at all costs.

I have enjoyed reading all of your comments and miss visiting all your blogs...can't wait to be able to catch up with everyone.

A lot has been happening in the country of Venezuela as well. More violence and clashes between protesters and police. Food shortages continue and the government continues on it's merry way to total and complete tyranny.

My personal analysis is that the country will continue on the downward slope we have been slowly sliding down for ten years, or more if you look at the root causes. Chavez will not leave, the opposition is not united, most people are holding back for fear of being abandoned yet again by a weak opposition.

I do stay in contact with many people in the country and the shortages are worse in some places. This is now normal.

Next week I will try and gather more info on all the latest and visit around to everyones blog...I miss my cyber buddies! I also, have been told by Ye'kwanaman that now I must share one of my own language humiliations!! So...keep a watch out for an upcoming post entitled,

"Jungle Mom, aka Captain Ahab, The Whale killer!"

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so good to hear from you!

Mountain Mama said...

I'm glad you are having such a good time at the conference, and will be glad when you are back.
God Bless you and yours.

Susan said...

Good to hear a bit from you!
Susan

Unknown said...

Oh yes! The whale killer is a goodie! Can't wait to read everybody's comments after they read that one!

Aren't you looking forward to seeing me? You mean I don't rate up there with your son? LOL Well I'm looking forward to seeing you and ALL your crew! It really seems like you have been up there forever now.

Did you see where the King of Spain told Chavez to "Shut up"?? Loved it!

Liz said...

Girl, we miss you!

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! Great to hear from you!

Can't wait until you get back to sunny Florida and get to see Josh and post....we miss you!!

My son brought us all the mate equipment including the bombilla from Argentina wehn he was thaer on a missions trip a couple of years ago---yep, we all drank out of it, but could not imagine ALL the community doing so.He loved how the kids from the camp would carry the "thermos bottles" of hot water around!!

Well, JM, you sure have been traveling these state--pray for you safe return!!

Blessings and hugs to you!!

Ashley said...

AWW Great to hear from you! I've missed you! Glad you've been enjoying your trip though!

Yes, and we just saw the Garcias going to Venezuela...I hope they'll be okay. I mean, they don't have children so it will be a different circumstance.

WomanHonorThyself said...

miss u..Its Vets day hun...Blessings to u and all those who fought for our freedoms!:)

Abouna said...

Jungle Mom, I don't know if it is wishful thinking, but I think I read somewhere yesterday, that some of the top military commanders may be on the verge of turning against Chavez. I can't seem to recall where I saw it, but I am sure I did see it.

Also, I was thrilled when Spanish King Juan Carlos told Chavez to "Shut up!"

Pen of Jen said...

Can't wait! Missed ya!

Gayle said...

Stay safe, and I will be happy when I can say "welcome home." :)

marine's words said...

I have enjoyed raeding your blog and your jounery in Venezuela and educating me on what is happining over there,we are truly bless hear in the USA. Thnak you for being a missionary. marina

TO BECOME said...

I will certainly be watching for that post.

I have missed you but I am glad that you are enjoying the conference. Have a very good week. Until then, connie from Texas

groovyoldlady said...

I am eagerly awaiting your upcoming whale of a tale!

Brooke said...

Glad to see you back safely! :D

Rancher said...

You've been missed.

Tracey said...

Just checking in on you! I've been away from blogville for quite some time! Busy schedules!!!

Hope all is well!

Take Care,
Tracey

Jackie said...

Anyone who drinks mate is a brave soul!

MathewK said...

Will do JM, looking forward to it.

Heather K said...

Hi there ..
I haven't kept up very well with you since you moved back to the US.
Your hubby's sermon on squirrels was hilarious!! the poor guy! I'm amazed that no one stopped him and told him what he was saying!! :D

Theresa's Notes said...

I just wanted to say that I have a friend who's husband runs the Spanish speaking Sunday school in My Church. And I sent them your post on Squirrels. They LOVED it and just laughed. Her Husband is from Mexico, so you can see why they enjoyed it so much.

I may not always comment, but I'm always reading. Hope the rest of the meeting goes well.