Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Things I Missed

While being very busy in several conferences and not having access to the Internet, several important dates slipped by and I was not able to acknowledge them.

I missed the Marine Corp Birthday!!!

I missed Veterans Day!!!

I missed the first anniversary of my blog!!!!




My first experience of celebrating at the Marine Corp Birthday Ball is one I will never forget! Being the innocent Preacher's Kid and a new wife of a marine, I did not realize the punch was spiked! Enough said!!! I leave the rest to your imaginations!





For Veteran's Day, I was reminded of the first mil blogger I began to follow, Lumberjack in a Desert - jrsalzman.com A few weeks after I began reading his blog he was wounded. I have prayed daily for him, and his wife also, as they deal with this. I do not know either of them. Now he has gone and won BestOutdoor Sports Athlete! And he looks great, don't you think?




( The Jungle Hut is the house with the palm roof and tin roof add on.
My husband took this on his last flight over the village.)


And then the anniversary of The Jungle Hut!!! It was an accident, I never meant to start a blog! But I have enjoyed sharing my simple stories with you all and have been amazed as I see the new people stopping by to read. It is helping me as I gather my thoughts for the book I hope to write and get feed back from you all as I post short stories from the jungle and my life. Now, all I need is an editor to fix my awful grammar and punctuation and typos...

21 comments:

WomanHonorThyself said...

congrads and well wishes on all 3 girl!..great to see your words back at my site too!

Gayle said...

Congratulations on the first anniversary of your blog, Rita! :)

Neither do you need an editor. You do just fine! :)

Brenda said...

Furlough is such a crazy time! Congratulations on your first year of blogging, I guess we are not really that far apart.

BTW, we have a lunch date for November 30th. Hope that does not make you feel more pressured. I promise a casual, Paraguayan almuerzo :)

Anonymous said...

Happy blogiversary!!

I am so glad you are writing a book!

Joe Gringo said...

Happy blogiversary, I think that's how you spell it.

When your book comes out, we'll have everyone do a blog blast...looking forward to it!

Amanda said...

Happy bloggy-versary! I have been so blessed by your words. Keep it up!

Avi said...

I missed you! Merry Blogoversary!

redneck preacher said...

You have been an encouragement to me and many others. God uses strange people.

Watch out for those Jarheads! Give him a Semper Fi from me.

HTOITA

Unknown said...

I imagine that photo of your home is difficult to look at! It made me want to cry when I saw it.

I'm so glad you're back to civilization and can blog again!

Oh and Lumberjack does look great! Thanks for the update.

Papa Frank said...

Congrats!!! Maybe some more punch for all of us on your blogiversary?!

Kate said...

Congratulations on the one-year anniversary, JM! :)

Pen of Jen said...

Happy Blogisversary!!!!

Can't wait to read about your next trip!

Charles said...

Congrats on your blog. I look forward to it daily.

And yes. Thanks for all those who serve and earned our freedom. It is a debt we'll never be able to repay.

Anonymous said...

WELCOME BACK!!!

It is good to read your thoughts....

WE are all glad you decided (amidst pressure) to start a blog!!

HAVE A BLESSED DAY, RITA!

Dawn said...

The year goes quickly, doesn't it?? I am glad to hear that you are writing a book. I hope to do that someday as well, with the two children, on our journeys through their "issues" - which is on my sidebar at this time.

I listened to the English version of your post below - Yay for the Prime Minister of Spain - I can hardly stand to look at Chavez' face!

Dawn said...

PS - I just learned that our missionaries are most likely going to have to leave Venezuela as well. So sad.

marine's words said...

Congratulations on your one year blog!!I just share I never thought I would blog.. I guess we will see how it goes,however I have really enjoyed reading your blog what I like about it ,its so different it's not american ,its south american a different place and way of living that you have aloud us into your life to see and I have really enjoy your blog a different View of the world.And I have one question for you if you read my post Do you miss America in any way?Or are you use to your way of life now? thank you,May God Bless you for what you are doing sharing his word.Blessing marina

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Praying for you!

Jane said...

Happy Blogiversary!!!! I am glad that I found your blog and it just proved to me it is a small world! Finding out you knew our dear friends in VZ was so cool.
We are in prayer for the Greenwood family and all missionaries in VZ.

~ Amy ~ said...

You're really going to leave us hanging with just "spiked punch"?

Your stories are anything but just "simple". They are amazing!

Anonymous said...

That's odd. My father in law was a former Marine, who landed on Okinawa among other places. He became a Baptist Missionary, and spent 30 years in Africa. My wife was raised there, until she went to college first in France and then back to Mississippi.