Saturday, December 01, 2007

Venezuela, te amo!

I have sat here trying to place words in order, trying to make sense of my own prayers. I can't. I want a change in the country...but at what cost? I want the regime to fall, but...how many will have to die? I want my friends to be safe, but...someone must have the courage to resist the evil! I want a change! I want it now! But, is this a necessary step the country of Venezuela must go though in order to understand and cherish their freedom?

I do not have answers, but God does! May He hold them in His love and give each one the strength to do what they must! May those who know Him declare His love and glory to those who do not. May all false gods be brought low and humbled before Him. May the future be better than the past!

Venezuela, querida mia! Pensar en ti, me hace llorar!

12 comments:

Obob said...

Chavez does appear to one who will give power lightly. History is littered with "revolutionaries" that use that guise for tyranny. I pray as well for their saftey.

Caraqueña said...

Amen, sister! I'm with you in those thoughts... did you know that Matt is there now? Had lunch with Ed and Deb on Tues.

Anonymous said...

Hi Rita,
Jon and I were at Hermano Fung's and this guy came up to us and asked if we were Americans. I wasn't sure about answering, but I did and he started speaking English with us. He told us he learned English from a wonderful American pastor, Clinton Vernoy. Your love for the people here was the kind of love God calls us to and you and your family are to be commended. Glad I get to keep up with you through your blog.
Love to all,
jeanne

Rita Loca said...

Cara, No. I did not know. I am super curious about your future plans though!!

Rita Loca said...

Jeane, WOW, do you remember his name by any chance?

Bob's Blog said...

Ralph Peters writing in the New York Post November 21: "Peace comes over the corpses of evil men."

~*♥Verja♥*~ said...

Hi Mom.

I miss Venezuela, too. It is theonly place I'll call my home. Now, I have to switch to Paraguay. And I may have to work in the process of loving them both. Venezuela still seems to beat Paraguay, but pray that I'll be able to call Paraguay my home. That I'll adjust to it.

When I think of Venezuela, I think of the Indians, who are under Chavez's hands, and just the thought scares me! Terrible thing, the regime.

Venezuela. I miss you!! Be strong, and let God lead you to freedom!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Rita,

I believe the young man was named Taylor. He was stocking a shelf, but I don't know what company he was working for. He said he is in the Barq. church and he had many great things to say about you guys.
Friday night after Andrew's basketball practice we stopped at a street vendor on Nueve and again we were asked if we were Americans. This young man knew Ed and Debbie. He was in their church until he got married and then joined his wife's church. You all made a difference here!!!

Sarah Joy said...

Your pain is clear in your words. I'm praying for you.

Webutante said...

It is a dreadful situation, but the longer the wait to overthrow this despicable despot, Rita, the more bloodshed there will be.

There seem to be no easy answers.

Rebecca said...

Amen

Avi said...

All that is needed for evil to succeed is for good men to be silent.