Saturday, January 17, 2009

Prayer Request

My father is undergoing surgery this morning and I request prayers on his behalf. He is having surgery on his rotator cuff, but because of his heart problems and recent surgeries, it is always worrisome.
Thank you.

I am not much in the frame of mind for cartoons this week. A young blogger I have been reading is very ill. Leah Friedman in Israel had a scheduled heart surgery on Wednesday. She suffered a stroke while in surgery and is in a coma. Pray for her and her family. Her father, an Israeli tank commander, was called back on emergency leave and has been updating her blog.

http://leahmetermaid.blogspot.com/
Leah

16 comments:

Kris said...

rita, i just prayed on behalf of both of your requests.

thanks for asking...

kw

Brenda said...

I too just prayed for you dad, and for peace of mind for you all.

Anonymous said...

I just prayed for them as well. Keep us informed.

Sis. Julie said...

I left a comment on Sis. Pam's blog last night letting her know I"d be praying. And I have been last night and so far this morning. I'm looking forward to hearing an update.

I'm so sorry to hear about Leah. This is sad news. I will definitely be praying for her.

Love you!

julie said...

My prayers are going out, too.

~Karen_ said...

Praying here!

~~Deby said...

Will pray Rita...
Deby

Findalis said...

I'll add both to my list. That list seems to get longer as I grow older.

Most Rev. Gregori said...

As I told Pam, my prayers are with your Dad, and I shall certainly pray for your friend in Israel.

Anonymous said...

Yes, you can know that we are praying here too. What a blessing prayer is! Glad to hear about the baptisms and sorry to hear that your back is acting up. Hope you feel better soon. Congrats on your diet! Good news is good news!

Amanda said...

I'm so sorry about your friend and I hope that everything went well for your dad this morning.

p'slifegoeson said...

Prayed for your dad tonight in prayer group with the college - love ya!

Ottavio (Otto) Marasco said...

How wonderful to see faith in action on the World Wide Web ... In accordance with the way I was reared, as a Roman Catholic, I have paused, recited the Lord prayer with respect to your request. I hope things work out well...As Kris suggested, it is good of you to ask ... God Bless

Gayle said...

I'm a little late, but can still pray that your father's surgery went well, and that Ms.Friedman's will go well too.

elmers brother said...

I will pray too.

Charles said...

Adding to my prayer list

Let us know the out come.