Friday, March 02, 2007

Meet My Children


Psalm 127:3
Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord...



My oldest daughter, Jackie, is the wife of Missionary Brian McCobb. They are in Paraguay. Right now they are recovering from dengue. I thank all of you who have prayed for them. Jackie is the mother of my first grand baby, Elena, LeLe for short. She is expecting our second and is due in July.







Next, is my one and only son, Joshua. He is in his second year at Florida baptist College where he is majoring in Pastoral Studies. He plans to be a missionary. He had hoped to be a missionary here in Venezuela. He is a Venezuelan citizen, which could be helpful. He is waiting on the Lord for direction. You can hear him preach a short, 10 minute message at, www.Westgateministries.org. Click on the Pulpit of West gate and find,"Getting your Feet Wet" by Josh Vernoy. He loves to preach.








Then comes 16 year old Jewel. She is my right hand here in the home. She is very active in our church here. Singing in 3 choirs, doing nursery, and helping in a Saturday Bible study. This is a picture she took of herself with a rose from one of her rose bushes.She is very hands on and loves sewing and gardening.







Then the baby, Jayde. Well shes 12 going on 16! She is the animal lover. We have 9 pets to prove it. She is quite an artist and also has a gifted voice. She also sings in the children's choir at church. This picture is a couple of years old but is one of my favorites of her. She was enjoying her pet turtle in the jungle.




14 comments:

Grace Bowden said...

Aw I miss all of them so much even Josh. I cant wait to see all of you again.

Anonymous said...

You are indeed blessed to have children that love the Lord.

Susan said...

So good to meet your family. How proud you must be of them that they are serving the Lord. Mine aren't YET and it breaks my heart because I love Jesus with my whole being.

Notices your banner for Israel. Neat!! Do you belong to CUFI? We do.

Sherry said...

I want to put a poster up of the Israeli flag and the American flag together. Beautiful pictures of your family. God Bless you all!

Linds said...

Hi there... I see you love coffee too. This is a good start! Thanks for popping over to visit. I am fascinated to read about your life, and will definitely be back!

Kristi said...

Those were sweet. It's wonderful that you have two serving in full time ministry. Praise the Lord!

What is on Jayde's face in the bottom picture. Was there some kind of festivity going on or just face paiting?

~Kristi

Rita Loca said...

Jaydes face is painted with onoto. It is a plant the indans use as a dye. They use the paint as we use cosmetics...just to look nice. The second foto of Josh shows him also wearing the paint.

Anonymous said...

Great time to show off your family. Those of us that are new to your blog can now get to know alittle about you. What an interesting life. Jungle life, quite interesting. My one daughter has done several short term mission trips around the world, but not in the jungle :) Praise God for people like you willing to give of their lives. My son-in-law was raised as a missionaries kid in Mexico. What an interesting world we live in. Hope to learn more about you as time passes. Blessing to you and your beautiful family.

Harry said...

Too cute. I enjoy these family moments if only to be reminded that life (and the blogosphere) is so much more than politics. Of course, in real life I have my own kids for that . . . when they're not scolding me for spending too much time on the computer, blogging.

Anonymous said...

Great kids who love the Lord!! What a blessing!

Janie said...

Thank you so much for sharing your family with us. You have a beautiful one!!!

Lyndy said...

What a wondeful family you have. You must be so proud to have your children serving the Lord. What a blessing.

Thanks for visiting my site and I will be back to visit with you.

Lyndy

Unknown said...

How did I miss this one? I have been out of commission lately haven't I? Some of my favorite people here! Oh how they are growing up! But we aren't getting any older, are we sis?

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family you have. You're truly blessed. Thank you for sharing their pictures with your readers. They're all so cute...