Monday, March 19, 2007

A Meme about Me

Another MeMe (with a few changes!)

A is for age: None of you business!
B is for books: Hard to choose...Ilove mysteries!
C is for career: Missionary Wife and Stay At Home Mom
D is for dad's name: Rev. Jack Riffe
E is for essential items to bring to a party: a good sense of humor
F is for favorite song at the moment: Este Dia
H is for hometown: uh...that's a hard one!Right now, Barquisimeto, Lara, Venezuela
I is for instruments you play: I play a keyboard, computer keyboard that is!
J is for jam or jelly you like: Strawberry jelly
K is for kids: Four! Jackie, married and in Paraguay, Joshua in second year at Florida Baptist College, Jewel, 16 home schooled, and Jayde, 12 also home schooled( I also have a grand daughter and one on the way!)
L is for living arrangements: A typical latin home(rented) until June when we leave for a year in the states.
M is for moms name: Loretta Riffe
N is for name of your best friends: Clint (husband)
O is for overnight hospital stays: You dont want to hear them all!!! 4 births,2 back surgeries, 3 other surgeries, 1 miscarriage, # times during pregnancy...
P is for phobia[s]: Being enclosed in small places ( claustrophobia) and MOUSEaphobia!
Q is for quote you like: Just Do it!
R is for relationship that lasted the longest: actually, my friend, Kim Leanard of 20+ years
S is for siblings: middle child. Older sister and younger brother.
U is for unique trait(s): uh...uh...I dont think so.
V is for vegetable you love: broccoli
W is for worst trait: sarcasm , duh?!?!?!
X is for x-rays you've had: angain, you dont want to hear them all!
Y is for yummy food you make: sweet rolls
Z is for favorite animal at the zoo: monkeys
FIRSTS:
First job: Health Food Store in Cambridge, Ohio
First funeral: Pastor of Faith Baptist Church ( cant remember his name but I do remember the funeral)
First piercing: Ears for my 12 th birthday
First tattoo: No thank you
First credit card: Cato's
First favorite musician/band: Cathedral's WAY back.
LASTS:Last movie watched: Over the Hedge
Last beverage drank: what do you think? Coffee
Last food consumed: Chocolate
Last phone call: to my son in law in Paraguay, after talking to my son in Florida
Last CD played: A Venezuelan Christian group
Last website visited: Happy and Busy Home, my daughters
Single or Taken: Taken!
What do you miss?My kids and grand baby
Hair color: Red with some natural gey high lights, he he.
Natural color: red
Eye color: greenish blue
Makes you sad: The Chavez Regime in power


11 comments:

Sherry said...

I saw the word chocolate! Now I want some. I need to go to the store and buy some. LOL Good post Rita. Stay safe! God Bless!

someone else said...

These memes are a lot of fun.

Thank you for stopping by my blog posting about the Oregon Coast. I'm glad you enjoyed it, all the way from Venezuela. Wow! Come back anytime.

Candy said...

That was so fun to read more about you! I enjoyed it :)
Love ya,
candy

Jackie said...

Really? Chavez in power makes you sad? I hadn't noticed! I would of thought mad! lol

Susan said...

Ok, I've just got to ask this. I saw that your maiden name is "Riffe", and the name Rita Riffe sounds way familiar to me, but I can't place where I've heard it. Did you ever live in Greenville, SC? I lived there in the mid to late 70's, as a child - were we schoolmates??? I went to Tabernacle Christian School. I know that you moderate your comments, so you don't have to post this. But would you e-mail me at susan@hutchens2bc.net if we've met in some former life! ;) If not, please excuse the ramblings of this madwoman! LOL I couldn't find an e-mail addy for you.

Rita Loca said...

I did attend Tabernacle Christian School for a couple of years in the 70's!!! What was your maiden name?

Susan said...

My maiden name is Holden. I attended Tabernacle from January, 1974 (4th grade) till May, 1978 (7th grade), while my dad was in Bible college there. The girl I remember was red-headed, and so was I (it's now more brown with those natural gray highlights you mentioned! LOL). This is just too funny - I have an incredible memory for former schoolmates' names and I think it's fun to see where they are now.

Rita Loca said...

I attended 4th grade and part of fifth grade 1974-75. My Dad was attending Bob Jones but we kids were at Tabernacle! AND I have red hair and I had a ton of freckles!!! I am sorry I don't really remember much or names! I remember my Brothers teacher, Mrs. Truax but can't remember the names of mine! Wow! And you are a pastor's wife! So neat!

Susan said...

I made a mistake on the dates I was there. I started there in January 1975, in Mrs. Wilson's 4th grade class - Mrs. Truax's class was next to ours. I don't know why I remember you so clearly. I remember your name and your face, but I can't even remember what grade you were in or why I would remember you. Boy, that really sounds snobby of me! I just know when I read your dad's name, the name Rita popped in my mind with your face. How amazing.

I'm so glad to know that another schoolmate is serving the Lord still, after all these years. There aren't many of us, believe me! My husband graduated from Tabernacle in 1983, and I attended there again in 1981-82, then graduated from Southside in 83. Between the two schools, there are only a handful of us who even go to church, let alone in any kind of Christian service. I have really enjoyed reading about your years of service on the mission field!

Rita Loca said...

I WAS WRONG! I was in 4th grade 74-75! And now i remember Mrs. Wilson. Yes, Mrs. Truax taught my brother, 3rd grade next door to us. You probably remember me because I talked alot! HAHAHA I got in trouble all the time for talking out of turn.

Susan said...

We were in the same class??? You were in Mrs. Wilson's 4th grade class in 1974-75? Maybe that's why I remember your face so clearly! LOL That is so funny. I came into the class the last half of the year, and I was pretty shy. I always hated going to a new school!