Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Amazon Jungle of Venezuela

The following poems and pictures were written and/or taken by missionary friends of mine from Venezuela. I hope you enjoy them and that they can convey the beauty and appeal that the jungle has for those of us who were blessed to live there!



AMAZONAS

"With mountains standing blue against the skyline.
Rivers sparkling jewels in the sun.
A jungle 40 shades of green surrounding me
This is the Amazonas that I love."



(Poem by Sharon Dawson.
Sharon was born and raised in the Amazon of Venezuela.

She is now a missionary herself.)

"With mountains standing blue against the skyline.
(photo of Mount Duida, by Sharon Dawson)


Rivers sparkling jewels in the sun.
(photo of the Orinoco River, by Sharon Dawson)





A jungle 40 shades of green surrounding me
(photo of indian boy, by Pastor Von's Web Journal )



This is the Amazonas that I love."
(photo of Salto Para, by Clint Vernoy)




Sharon's Tree


"It stood there tall majestically
Its branches strong and reaching high
And as I climbed it, I could see
Far out across the clear blue sky
And then I knew, yes I could see
There is no other like my tree."
SD

9 comments:

Nina in Portugal said...

So beautiful....

Do you think you'll ever be able to return for a quick visit? Ever?

Gutsy Living said...

I love the waterfalls. I've never seen the Amazon, nor a single country in South America. I really want to, hopefully soon.

Kathy said...

How beautiful! This gives me an idea of Venezuela that I never knew--usually thinking only of the Amazon in Brazil. Thanks! I see it will always be in your hearts!

Brenda said...

I can only imagine how much you miss it all. Not many people today get to see the beauty shown in these pictures.

Betty said...

I can´t imagine living by such lush forestry and so much water. It´s what I think heaven must be like.

Anonymous said...

I would like to live in the Amazon jungle, except for the snakes, diseases, bugs, savages, humidity, third world tyrants......

I don't see how you did it for so long.

Brooke said...

Que bonita!!!

Most Rev. Gregori said...

Jungle Mom: There is an award for you on my blog.

sajid said...

so nice beautiful !