Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Personal Update

Bear with me...

My children will be leaving on Sunday for the US. My oldest daughter, Jackie, (Keepin' Sane with Littles) and her family are going for a 10 month furlough, so I won't be seeing these faces for awhile! They will be based out of Nashua,New Hampshire and I am excited for my two grand daughters to be able to get to know their other grand parents. But I will miss them!




Jewel is headed off to Florida in hopes of finding work for the summer before she begins college next semester. Pray she can find a job!



My blogging will be sporadic for the next few days. I have not had time to visit your blogs. After the kids are off, I will have more time to make my regular rounds on the blogasphere. Right now, I am just trying to soak up as much time with them as possible!


In the mean time:


Historical figure dress up day.
We dressed up as individuals who were on our time line.
Can you guess who we all are supposed to be?

Mrs. C said...

OK, I was going to guess Sacajawea and Laura Ingalls. Your husband is David Livingstone. :]

Clint is David Livingstone, I am Sacajawea. Jewel is Laura Ingalls and Jayde is Carrie Ingalls. Josh chose to be Lou Gehrig. Jackie is Anna Leonowens.




Dani Joy said...
" Free as a Bird."

11 comments:

Z said...

Good luck and blessings to your family members going away.

I can only imagine this will be difficult, JM, and I'll say a prayer. God bless you all.

Joy said...

Lots of changes going on huh. I know you will miss all your girls.
They are all beautiful.

I enjoyed your dress up picture.


Joy

Dawn said...

Your nest will feel very empty.

Our denomination is doing home visits (formerly furlough) differently now, 3 months every two years. Makes booking services more difficult, because so many are home at the same time, and not for very long. We try to have a missionary every 3 months in our church, so we are blessed.

Gutsy Living said...

What a beautiful daughter and family. I understand you want to spend as much time with them as possible. Have a great time.

Brenda said...

Te compadezco. . .

Gringo said...

In NH, they should check out a NH website: Assistant Village Idiot, the offering of an articulate churchgoer, though the emphasis on the blog is much more on politics and society than on religion. Come to think of it, you could check on it in Paraguay.
Assistant Village Idiot.

Thursday's Child said...

Boy, I'd go nuts! The internet is much better though. LOL

Nina in Portugal said...

Wow....tough days ahead for you, huh?

The hard times of being a missionary.....

Betty said...

Awe, I feel for you! I so can understand what you´re going through, although it must be even harder to say good bye to grandkids too!
Our guests have left us now and anytime you want to come this way, just let us know. You are welcome!

MightyMom said...

sniff and you missed my giveaway!!!


I forgive you for family time though...send me your address anyway okay?

could you define "furlough"??

Kathy said...

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy these last few days! Get Skype so the kids can see you when you talk to them! We'll be praying for all of them and for you folks still in Py.