Friday, January 29, 2010

Paraguayan Asado

 Right before Christmas we were able to host an end of year cookout here at our house for the  church leaders.  Paraguayans love their beef and it is suggested that one provide at least a kilo of meat (2.2lbs) per person when hosting and asado. Here are a few pictures from our time of  fellowship together with our  friends from church




Where's the beef??? On the grill!




Chorizo is a must!



Yummy!




 Peruvian Potatoes



The grillmeister!



 Coal or gas ~ have it your way!



 Clint and Domingo  have a lot of good times together.



 Walter is another one of our deacons~ another great guy!



 Even the little ones enjoyed the food!



 Sopa Paraguaya!

Next time, why don't you all come????

9 comments:

Kristen Torres-Toro said...

I'm there! :0) Thanks for the invite! Now, is it a left turn at the cool looking tree or a right? :0)

redneck preacher said...

2.5 lbs per person. My kind of folks

HTOITA

Brooke said...

Ooooh, that looks GOOOOOOOD!!!!

Anonymous said...

Tengo hambre...

Webutante said...

Yummy, yummy Rita, I'm on my way!!

Unknown said...

Yeah why don't we join you? The meat looks great! I'd have to try that potato dish before I can give it a thumbs up. Maybe if I knew what the sauce was made of? :)

Kathy said...

Fun! Even though I'm a vegetarian, I do like the smell of an asado! Was there a Peruvian family there, or did you just stumble across that Peruvian potato recipe? Can you send me the recipe! :) Did you make the sopa??? I haven't tried making that yet. My tries at Chipa Guazu are tasty, but runny! Oh well!

Betty W said...

Looks really good! And I¨m sure you had a lot of fun!

MightyMom said...

I wanna come!!

when do you go on furlough again so I can see you???!!!!!