Saturday, February 03, 2007

Super Powers?

My son called me from college. He syas, "Mom, what is happening? People keep coming up to me and saying they are sorry about what just happened in Venezuela."
I explained about the new Enabling law. He says, "Oh? People here didn't know he was a dictator already?"
And then we started giggling. Because in spanish it sounds right down ridiculous.
The Mother of all Laws that gave President Chavez Special Powers. It sounds like a bad cartoon. It is so cheesy! Can it be true?

It's a bird...
It's a plane...
NO. It's SUPER CHAVEZ!!!!!!
However, we know the ONE who puts the king upon his throne. So we can trust in His plan....and giggle!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Yeah, I've just come to terms with the fact that there are somethings I'm not in control of, but God knows. ^_^ And yeah there has been a lot of talk about Venezuela lately...just from people at church. O_o

Aww...Josh called? I hope I can see him again. It was so nice just to say "hi".

Unknown said...

aww! I wish your son would call me! I miss him. Had he not heard all the recent news then?

Anonymous said...

God knows and controls your times...WOW what a comfort! "He shall direct your paths" as you are acknowledging Him!!

We all know God can change the hearts of kings, so why would He not protect His children?

And, why would he not provide joy for your journey? (laugh, laugh..)

Unknown said...

um - sis! I have a bone to pick with you! Do you really have lots of creative memories you can't bring back? I saw a certain comment you left over at Caraquena's blog! I would love another album!! But if you can't bring it back, I understand.

Jackie said...

If that's the newest cartoon than I am REALLY glad I don't have TV.