Friday, March 20, 2009

The Things I See

I am trying to collect photos of some of the new, exotic, interesting sights I see here in Paraguay. Last week, we saw the most amazing sight ever to be seen in this country! Really, the expat community is in such a buzz about it. It is the topic of our conversations, we text one another when ever we go there, it is the update of our Face Book status, we share opinions and impressions about it.

It is a very big deal!

What is this new and amazing place?



Yes, folks! We have a TGI Friday's!!!!
We visited to celebrate my daughter's Birthday.




But it was my son in law who was most excited... don't you think?????



Look at the menu? Isn't it awesome?
And they even had Heinz squeezable Ketchup!






My grand daughter, wasn't too sure what all the fuss was about.
Never mind, we'll teach her!


( I stole all photos from my daughter's blog. Keepin' Sane with Littles )

11 comments:

Christie said...

We were SOOOO excited to visit the new TGIFRidays. WOW! And that lunch deal for 18000 gs was way more food than I could eat. I came away feeling like I was completely stuffed, though, and I think it's the biggest meal I've had since coming here. Have to take it a bit slower next time. Funny how the "commonplace" things are so exciting in this situation!

My girls were howling at the menu, since the names of the entrees were in English, and the descriptions in Spanish. They get such a kick out of the waiter trying to say the English version and just giving up and going with the description. :)

Unknown said...

Heinz??? I'd boycott the place! (thinking back to the '02 elections) J/K
Glad you have such a great American place to frequent! YES! Brian did look to be happy!

Anonymous said...

How fun to see something from home! And when you're on furlough, you'll have to make Chipa Guazu for your family! :)

Brenda said...

Its just so fun to have these places to go to here, I will miss this excitment.

Melissa Lea said...

I bet that was a welcomed site! have a blessed weekend!

Most Rev. Gregori said...

TGIF AND Squeezable Heinz Ketchup! Now that is what I call civilization, and just a touch of home.

Morton said...

Yes, we are thrilled about the TGIFridays! And eating the cheap lunch special just makes me feel like I am cheating, getting all that authentic American food for less than four dollars!

Unknown said...

We love to go to Madrid for this same reason. Madrid has all the fun restaurants! We have some up north in Asturias but not the big chains.
I am amazed TGI made it to Paraguay.

MightyMom said...

well you can't live without Heinz I must say....

but what I find fascinating....that menu appears to be in ENGLISH!???

Charles said...

TGIFridays is a little taste of the good ole' USA I guess. It's not my favorite place but it is good.

Well at least better than Jayde's worms. Worms = Slim Jims ... I donno.....

Charles said...

TGIFridays is a little taste of the good ole' USA I guess. It's not my favorite place but it is good.

Well at least better than Jayde's worms. Worms = Slim Jims ... I donno.....