Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Cobble Stone Streets

This is my street. In Paraguay many streets are made of cobble stone even here in Asuncion. At first it was odd for me but I think I am used to it now. It certainly keeps the speeding down as it really shakes the bones and rattles the teeth.



Up close.



A wider view





My street



Some of the older streets are better made than the newer ones. I find them to be quaint and picturesque.  Very colonial, I almost expect to have a Spanish Don  pass by me on his fine horse.


8 comments:

Gringo said...

I would venture that your street is relatively new, in the last 30 or even 10 years.

Brenda said...

The cobblestone streets in Paraguay are intense! If you have never experienced them, its hard to describe the teeth rattling drive they give you.

dyanna said...

What a wonderful post! I like it.
Have a nice day.

Rita Loca said...

Gringo, 15 years!

Betty W said...

Sorry, didn´t want to spoil your post. Good of you to hold my answer back.
But, like I said, I hate driving those streets. I guess you get used to them if you´re living there. My daughter doesn´t even notice them anymore and drives almost as fast on them, as she does on paved streets. Not very easy on the car though....

Anonymous said...

That looks like a nice quiet place to live. I wouldn't mind living somewhere like that myself.

Kathy said...

Yes, what a rattle! I'm not used to the streets yet! Anyway, your street is lovely! Does it flood in the heavy rain?

Webutante said...

Lovely to look at Rita, less amusing to drive over. Great to see where you live and it's really lovely.