Thursday, February 21, 2008

Midnight Madness


Here I am. I am blogging at 12:30 A.M.!

I am unable to sleep and decided to look over my site meter. Recently, The Local Malcontent posted how that he has visitors to his site who are using the search words,"How to caulk a tub".

I have noticed a trend here at my blog, I get a lot of visitors from Google. The most common search phrase that sends people here to The Jungle Hut is:

"How to sit in a hammock"


Yes! Really. Then there is another frequent sought after bit of info:

"How to build an outhouse"


and yet another:

"How to make a blow gun"


It is intriguing to see who comes by and how many pages they end up viewing while searching out this interesting information. Maybe I should write a "How to.." book?

Of course, I get a lot of others that I fully understand. People searching info an Amazonian Indians, the rain forest, Cessna, Jungle Huts, and Hugo Chavez, etc. Although it seems there is a resort in India called The jungle Hut. A lot of people just Google,"Jungle Mom" but there is another ex-pat woman out there, who has a book by that name.

The one search phrase which has been used quite a bit and keeps me laughing is,"Jungle Babes"!!! They usually only stay around for one page and one second!!!

Here are some of the search phrases used today:

Montreal the jungle
jungle hut beads rolled with magazines
moving to Paraguay
cartoon jungle sounds
el poder de las amigas
how to cook turkey necks
Paraguayan fruit juice
4 feet spiders in Amazon jungle


And my personal favorite!

demon possessed squirrel

9 comments:

Susan said...

Well, I'm up reading it at 6 a.m.!!!

I get a lot of the google searches too. Must say I don't get the ones you do!!!!

Mine are cross stiching, soldier in God's army, smiling Jesus, precious moments, paint by number, etc.

I really wish we didn't get those because it so distorts our actual reader count but then again I am always aware God may use that as a means to get someone to read our blog that needs it and would never have found us otherwise. I always think of that when I see one.
Susan

Liz said...

Well, mine are also very strange.
Like:
-pazciencia
-poema que hable de tremenduras
-daniel el travieso
-un cuadro con misterio
-caracas de los techos rojos

and the weirdiest, yesterday:
-remos ancla gobernalle y el temor de naufragar (this is actually a sentence from a poem, maybe the person was looking for the whole thing)

Bloging is fun!

Brenda said...

I have never looked mine up. . . I will have to do that. But I can usually be found staring at the computer meaninglessly at siesta time :)

Anonymous said...

demon possessed squirrel
Maybe Mr. Danger looked cross-eyed at the squirrel. Sorta like Jimmy Carter and the Killer Rabbit.

~~Deby said...

I get googled too...maybe we need to join you and keep a list...so far mine has been the Jane Austen one...I pop up on that a lot.
Those are funny, Rita....and btw, I am voting for you for President.
Deby

Anonymous said...

Sorry you're up so late. Sometimes getting to sleep can be tough. Hope you get a good nights sleep tonight!

Dawn said...

How do you find out these things? I would love to know.

The Local Malcontent said...

Really, it makes one wonder what some computer and Internet users are doing, searching for all these disperate things.

But about the time I need to 'google' How To Sit in a Hammock is the time I need to retire TO the hammock.

Oh, and forgive me, but I need to go, and look up 'demon possessed squirrels'. That has to be good!

Momma Roar said...

You certainly get more interesting google hits than I do. I can't remember any of mine lately - but it usually has to do with little kids and being sick - ha!