Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Overheard


Last week my daughters were in the living room and the TV was on a news channel. The reporter was covering the recent violence in Kenya. As I walked through the room, I overheard my daughter Jewel saying to her sister,
" You know you are an MK ( missionary kid) when seeing coverage of a riot makes you homesick!"

Daughter Jackie, in Paraguay, added in the comments:
Jackie said...

Oh yeah...a month ago the Embassy issued warnings for a possible riot in Asuncion.
I. Was. Excited!! I did my groceries, and planned on hunkering down at home for a cozy week. LOL. Only MK's associate riots with "coziness." But, nothing happened. Oh well.



11 comments:

WomanHonorThyself said...

lol..thats priceless hun!

Jackie said...

Nothing like the smell of burning tires to make you want to go home, that's for sure. :-)

Jackie said...

Oh yeah...a month ago the Embassy issued warnings for a possible riot in Asuncion.
I. Was. Excited!! I did my groceries, and planned on hunkering down at home for a cozy week. LOL. Only MK's associate riots with "coziness." But, nothing happened. Oh well.

Rebecca said...

That's funny! Sad that it's the case but funny.

redneck preacher said...

I have a feeling that that type of homesickness is just around the corner for us.

Pres. Obama - NO
Pres. Hillary - NO
Pres. Mac - NO

Pres. Jungle-Mom - Si

HTOITA

Brooke said...

Heh, heh!

Susan said...

OUCH!!!!
Susan

Liz said...

Hehehe... our family in Florida gets a kick of it, during the hurricane season. They say it feels so much like home, when they have to buy groceries and stuff 'just in case'.

As we call it here: 'prepare for war'. It's not that we would like to be in an actual war, it's just a way to handle the situation with humor. (yes, we're nuts!)

Brenda said...

its like a snow day, you have an excuse to just stay at home indoors :)

Webutante said...

Very cute.......not sure I can totally identify though....

Jane said...

That. is. priceless!!!
You made me smile this morning.