Saturday, August 08, 2009

Saturday Morning Cartoons!

Although we have been missionaries for over 25 years, we only arrived in Paraguay a year ago today. I can hardly believe we have already been here for a year!

In light of our anniversary, I decided to share a little missionary humor today.



(Waiter is saying;"Or for the same price, you could feed a small third world village for a month!)
Sometimes in the states I am amazed at the portion sizes served at restaurants.
It seems the individual meal comes on a family size serving platter!

This is every tribal missionary's nightmare!



The mission board did tell us to try and be helpful to the natives!

Why the natives prefer Methodist over Baptist!
( hehehe)


Did you hear about the lion who was walking through the jungle and ran across the Methodist missionary and ate him? The lion traveled a little further and found the Catholic priest and ate him as well. Not too much longer, he came upon a Baptist missionary and devoured him too.
After which, the lion went into the jungle and had an ecumenical movement!

(Sorry! I could not resist!)

14 comments:

Betty W said...

Well happy anniversary on one year Paraguay! I hope you are starting to feel at home!
Funny cartoons! :)

Anonymous said...

Cumpleanos feliz!

Pam--in America said...

Happy Anniversary!

Thanks for the laugh too :o)

The Local Malcontent said...

Happy anniversary to you and Clint!
Hardly seems as if a year has passed since you relocated there.

Congratulations also on your next grandchild, friends.

Findalis said...

LOL. Love it. Happy Anniversary!

Nina in Portugal said...

One year!

Congrats!!

Most Rev. Gregori said...

That last one was a knee slapper.

Harry said...

"Don't want the vegetables to catch." I like that one the best.

Subvet said...

"...an ecumenical movement!"

OUCH!!

ABNPOPPA said...

Yes, like Betty, Happy Anniversary. I remember when I first started Conservative Outrage blog and you were getting ready to leave. I admired you and your hubby then and after following your blog for the past year have nothing but more admiration for you and your family.

I love Saturday morning cartoons although the lion was bad, very,very bad!!! LOL LOL

Pops
Be Safe

Findalis said...

I know that you are celebrating there, but I wonder if you read this

Interesting article out of Nigeria

Pray for the families of these martyred men. The pastors need no prayers, for they are safely home.

Always On Watch said...

I wonder how many people really know that cannibalism still exists as a danger to those who venture "in country"?

Happy anniversary, JM and Hubby!

Debbie said...

Those are so funny! I can't believe the portion sizes either and I've only lived here.

Brenda said...

These are funny! Congratulations on your first year in Paraguay!