Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Happy Birthday to my Jewel!

Today my Jewel is twenty!



Jewel was born with an attitude!


She could never sit still for picture taking!



She has always enjoyed any type of hand work.
Here she is watching an indian lady make a hammock.



No matter where she is, she will find a way to be helpful.



She is always up for an adventure.



She loved canoeing on the river in the jungle.



A rough and tumble kid!


She has always loved babies and will make a great mom one day.



Loves drama.


She learned from other cultures that there are different ways to do things.


She makes friends easily!





She has always been interested in medicine.


She wants to be a nurse.


Always was a bit of a tomboy.


Very competitive.



She has become a real beauty...






And I keep wondering ,
"Where has my little, tough, tomboy gone?"




I HELD A JEWEL

I held a jewel in my fingers
And went to sleep
The day was warm, and winds were prosy
I said, "Twill keep"

I woke - and chide my honest fingers,
The Gem was gone
And now, an Amethyst remembrance
Is all I own
BY EMILY DICKINSON.

7 comments:

Deanna said...

Aw..beautiful post!! Happy Birthday to Jewel!!

Betty W said...

What a sweet tribute! I wish she could have met Michelle. They would have gotten along so well.
Happy Birthday Jewel!!

Barbara H. said...

Happy Birthday, Jewel!

Linda said...

Happy Birthday, Jewel! Hope your day is filled with love and blessings.

Unknown said...

Lovely post Rita. Made me cry, but lovely. Oh and it was a sweet surprise to see my son in that last photo! Those two were at Sea World together on Monday!

J.H said...

awesome post :-)
I can really relate her childhood with mine. Really wish I knew her in person!
Happy birthday Jewel!

Kathy said...

What a nice trip down memory lane! She's going to make an awesome adult and nurse, just like she was an awesome kid! (I wish she could meet my nephew, who just turned 20 too! :) )