Saturday, January 13, 2007

Aren't You?



Did you know that my family has been baptist for at least 4 generations? The Bible mentions a Godly generation and I thank the Lord for my family. What a blessing to be raised with the truth and the continuity of the same faith and doctrine. I think it must be unsettling for children growing up not sure what they are and what they should beleive or why. I pray the Lord allows my family to contiue to be blessed in our "goodly" heritage . Even apart from the salvation of my soul, even apart from the rewards I anticipate in heaven, just having lived this life with this foundation would be blessing enough!!
One of my most favorite family momentos is a large framed foto of my great-grandfather. He was a Baptist preacher. As was his son. As was his son, my father. As is my husband. As is my son. As is my son-in-law. I wont even start into the nephews! And brother-in-laws!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey I'm jealous! Where did you get that cool graphic? I need to start exploring! Nice post. It made me a little teary eyed for some reason.

Jackie said...

It's no wonder I'm diong what I'm doing. I dont have a choice with a background like that!!

Memories for a Lifetime said...

What a heritage!!

What a blessing for you and your children to look at from whence they have come!!

Ashley said...

Wow. Isn't a blessing to see how God has stayed in your families lives?

Baptist Girl said...

You are truly blessed and your children to be surrounded by so many folks that love the Lord.

Cristina