Friday, March 07, 2008

I'm an endangered species!

!!! RED ALERT!!! RED ALERT!!! RED ALERT!!! RED ALERT!!!

"It's not just a hair color, it's a state of mind."

Recently, while reading my 'clone blog', Blog From The Jungle!, (He is even a redhead!) I read the terrible news that redheads are becoming extinct!


The reason, according to scientists at the independent institute in England, which studies all sorts of hair problems, is that just 4 percent of the world's population carries the red-hair gene. The gene is recessive and therefore diluted when carriers produce children with people who have the dominant brown-hair gene.

Dr. John Gray's often publicized explanation of his foundation's findings: "The way things are going, red hair will either be extremely rare or extinct by the end of the century."

"Redheads are less than 1% of the world's population. Now that is a minority! And, I thought, one that should qualify me for school scholarships or something like that."
-Becky McAlpine

"The highest percentage of natural redheads in the world is in Scotland (13%), followed closely by Ireland with 10%. In the US, about 2% of the population are natural redheads."
-Marcia's Facts About Redheads


Any red head will feel great alarm at hearing this! Our hair is a big part of our personal identity! I do not want to be any thing else! Brunettes are a dime a dozen, blonds, with the help of peroxide are even more prevalent...but a true red head...now thats unique!

"I do believe my redheadedness plays a huge part in who I am. If I were a blonde or brunette, I would be an entirely different person."

"We redheads are a minority, we tend to notice each other - you know, and notice our identity."
-Juliann Moore, actress


"A face without freckles is like a night without stars."

"If you want trouble... find yourself a redhead."



If you are fortunate enough to be a red head or know a red head, you will enjoy these jokes!


What do you call a woman who knows where her husband is every night?

A redhead!



What's safer: a redhead or a piranha?
The piranha. They only attack in schools.

How do you get a redhead's mood to change?
Wait 10 seconds

What do you call a Redhead with an attitude?
Normal

Only two things are necessary to keep a redhead happy.
One is to let her think she is having her own way,
and the other is to let her have it.


How do you know when a redhead has been using a computer?
There's a hammer embedded in the monitor!


Why do redheads think they're special?
It's amazing what arrogance and a lack of sensitivity will do for your ego...

What's the advantage of a blonde vs. a redhead...?
At least you can ignore the blonde safely...

Q: Why didn't Indians scalp redheads?

A. They knew better.

"You'd find it easier to be bad than good if you had red hair," said Anne reproachfully. "People who haven't red hair don't know what trouble is."
-Anne to Marilla in Anne of Green Gables

"Ruadh gu brath!"
Scots gaelic for "Red heads forever!"

17 comments:

Yekwana Man said...

When I was 14 living in Zanesville Ohio I walked up to my mother and told her that I was going to marry a Redhead. My mom asked "Do you know one?" "No," I answered, "but I asked God for one, I like red hair, so she will be a redhead" She said, "Be careful what you ask for."
I have been married to her now for almost 25 years and I have never regretted asking God to give me the greatest blessing in my life.

Anonymous said...

Well, maybe we can do like they did with wolves in the West. They brought some in to replenish the population. There must be an adequate reserve of redheads in Ireland to permit a similar program.

Liz said...

Hehehe Rita, the jokes were so good!
And your hubby's comment it's the cutest!

I have a redheaded nephew.. yes, a boy! he's kinda special. Full of life and very cute also. I'll tell his parents about this post...

Miriam said...

That is so strange! In these parts it seems like everyone is having redheads! I've seen so many red-headed kids lately, I've been wondering what's in the water.

I made a promise to my mom when I was about 16 or so that I would give her a red-headed grandchild. I'm not one to go back on a promise!

WomanHonorThyself said...

lol..I had red hair for a while..it was fun..different indeedy! ha :)

Becky said...

Awww...loved your hubby's comment!

We had a girl in our youth group a few years ago with the most gorgeous, flaming red hair (and freckles) that I've ever seen. It was that color that bottles could never begin to duplicate. And then, on a whim, she dyed it black. Ack!

I told her, "Girl, it's gonna be that gorgeous red hair of yours that first gets the attention of your future husband you know!" She eventually went back to her beautiful roots.

And wouldn't you know it, a year and a half or so ago, this young man looked accross the room and saw her hair, and the rest was history. And their new little baby, from what I hear, has adorable red fuzz, too.

Wear it loud and proud!

Nicholas Z. Cardot said...

We'll have to start petitioning congress for your added protection. LOL!

Ellen said...

Now, now. I know where my husband is every night, and I am definitely NOT a redhead! :o)

Rita Loca said...

ellen,
HEHEHE!I am assuming you are Dave's Ellen...no, not a redhead!

marine's words said...

ok, I thought of I Love Lucy when you said these she was a beautiful red head,and not everyone one can be a red head ,you are right there are few and I love the part about the freckles !!!! blessing marina

Ellen said...

Yep, I'm Dave's Ellen and definitely not red-headed. :o)

However, I guess red hair runs in Dave's family somewhere as Sue's oldest has VERY red hair and neither one of his parents do. So, I guess stranger things could happen with this baby, though our other 3 kids definitely take after their mommy.

BTW: Beth said that you were getting together with her on Monday night. Have a great time!

The Merry Widow said...

My son is with your husband, he loves red hair!

tmw

Anonymous said...

Like they say, better Red than Dead!

Bob's Blog said...

Red hair is beautiful.

Kristi said...

Rita, these were so funny. Mother and I read them together this morning and laughed at how true they were. LOL

~Kristi

Anonymous said...

'Clone Blog'?

Actually, I had a multiple great grandfather that had red hair, also, and he was scalped. He managed to live through it, however. That was Isaac Nealy and he was one of the Davidson party that settled Nealy's Gap, Ky.

Michael said...

I played it safe; I married a brunette.