Saturday, March 29, 2008

Seeking God




Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the LORD: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth. Hosea 6:3

Each and every day I hope to take the time to recognize God. Not just in a hurried morning prayer, or around the family table as we give thanks for our meal, but in a personal way, every day.

This takes effort! It should not, but it does. I need to take care to purposely recognize Him or a long day may pass and as I tiredly lie down in the evening, I may find that I have neglected Him. I should set aside daily time to contemplate, receive instructions, forgiveness and blessings from God.

The only true way to know God is to seek Him and set our eyes upon Him. One day He will return and we will know Him in all His glory, just as He is. But, even now, we can know He is present with us, just as we know the sun rises.

4 comments:

WomanHonorThyself said...

so true my friend..We need HIM now more than ever!

Susan said...

I try and start each day with my Lord with bible study, reading 2 dovotionals and sometimes add a chapter of a current book I'm reading and prayer. I've truly found when "life" crowds that out my day does not go as well as when I start it centered on HIM!!!
Susan

Liz said...

Oh this is probably the shortest of your sunday posts Rita, but in simple words you stated a great truth.

Webutante said...

Can no longer imagine my world without seeking and knowing HIM!