Saturday, August 09, 2008

We are Home!

We arrived this morning at 2:00 AM. So very glad to be here. The trip was long and delayed in Sao Paolo, not too impressed with that airport! And In had time to make an impression!

But, although we had 10 bags and 5 carry - ons, we were only charged $400, which is a lot but it could have been so much worse!

I am busy figuring out where exactly I am. how strange to look our my windows and only have a vague understanding of my where abouts...no knowledge of local streets or anything. I have a lot to learn.

What I do know, is that I have been blessed to live in an amazing house! I almost feel guilty for having such a nice place! But God supplied it and it all transacted so smoothly. It is a confirmation of His will for us to be here.

Tomorrows is my daughters 18 th birthday. I am so glad we made it in time to be with her on this important day in her life. We will be celebrating at Jackie's house with a Torta Tres Leches cake and visiting with an American embassy family who are also Christians working here in Paraguay.

It was so nice to wake up this morning and find Brazilian coffee and an espresso pot provided by my son in law! but better yet was the hand drawn poster on the fridge decorated with stickers by the two grand daughters! They are as cute as ever!!! And close by! WOW!

Sorry this is so random but I am still quite tired. I'll post more when I am a bit more coherent. Thank you all for your prayers and kind thoughts in these last days of travel.

I leave you with a refrain that was running through my head during our trip,
from J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring;

The Road goes ever on and on,
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with weary feet,

Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither than? I can not say.


Just change Road for airport concourses, gates and shuttles, for a good description of the last two days!!

23 comments:

Susan said...

So glad you made it home safely! Rest up - I know you're anxious to be busy with your new work.

Betty said...

Let me be the first: "Welcome to Paraguay!!!" Hope you like it and wish you all the best getting to know everything.

Anonymous said...

Great news that you arrived safely and that you are "where your heart is!!" (and daughters, SIL and grandbabies make the trip sweeter!!

Blessings to you and the family...


HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEWEL!!

Liz said...

At last! you're home... enjoy your place, take time to rest a bit. Pronto empezará el trabajo !!! :D

So happy for you guys! this post touched my heart... cannot put my finger on what did, but I felt like a burden out your shoulders had been lifted up.

Many more blessings will follow Rita.

M.J. said...

I am glad to hear that you made it safely to Paraguay. I have been prying for you, and check ing blogs for signs that you arrived. We will continue to pray for you and your family!!! How exciting!

Deedra said...

I'm so glad to hear that you guys have made it safely! I hope you settle in and get rested up really quickly!

Starla said...

I can tell that you are very, very, excited. As I have said before, I can't wait to hear some stories.

Pen of Jen said...

yay, I am glad that you arrived safely!

Anonymous said...

Glad you got there safely!

Anonymous said...

Thank God for safe arrival.
Rest tonight, Rita, we'll be here!

Caraqueña said...

Salto is so small that it didn't take me long to "look out my window" and know where I am...still getting used to it though...

Findalis said...

I'm glad that you arrived safely in your new home. May G-d bless your endeavour in Paraguay and bless your new home with love and joy.

Z said...

Happy Birthday to the Birthday Girl! That cake sounds delicious.

SO glad you're home, safe and sound....can't wait to hear Paraguay stories.

God has blessed you...and Paraguay!

CrimeSceneFairy said...

what timezone is paraguay in?
Just wonderin
*does a happy dance for you*
I wish you fast unpacking

Judith said...

Finding the coffee pot, that's a good start. As you begin this chapter of serving Jesus, I am praying for you.

Glenn B said...

Good luck in your new home and with the new mistry.

Always On Watch said...

Brazilian coffee? I envy you that.

Stay safe, and keep your friends apprised of how you're doing, JM.

Jane said...

I am so glad you are safely there and can't wait to hear more about your new ministry there.
For now, rest and enjoy your grand children and get settled.
God bless you.

Abouna said...

Glad that you made safely to your new home.


Will be eagerly awaiting postings on your new adventure. God Bless.

Brenda said...

I have spent wayyyy too much time in that airport in Brazil and its not a fun place :(

Roger W. Gardner said...

Glad you're home safe and sound Rita. And a happy belated birthday to your daughter!
Just wanted to stop by and say Hi!
Roger G.

Unknown said...

So happy y'all arrived safely and somewhat in tact! lol

I teared up when the title of this post popped up, "We're Home". It shows how you desire to be there and be a godly influence.

I can't wait for photos of the house. You sound so pleased!

Tori Leslie said...

Hey welcome home!!
I'm so glad the house was all ready for you and I hope you settle in quickly.

Waiting for those pics!!!