Monday, December 28, 2009

A Paraguayan Christmas




A Paraguayan Christmas
 









In Paraguay at Christmas time
There's not a sign of snow.
Folks spend their Christmas holidays
With sweating faces all aglow! 
 
 
 









The scorching weather fits right in
With the happy Christmas mood,
Around the pool and barbecue,
There's  terere, too.
 
 
 






So don't feel bad for your Paraguayan friends.
We may not have the cold
But we have fireworks to spare
 and that, just never gets old!






7 comments:

Rita Loca said...

We also have Pulp Cola! Re nuestra! Re Buena!

Tamika: said...

Sounds like a fabulous Christmas! Pulp Cola, hmm...

Kristen Torres-Toro said...

LOVE it!!!

Brenda said...

Ahh, I miss it!

Christie said...

Oh, yeah!! PULP COLA! It was so fun to see you today. We'll have to make it more "regular." Hang in there. I'm keeping the prayers up.

Unknown said...

It appears that Clint had a little too much terere!!

Gutsy Living said...

Sounds like a summer party. I like the poetry. Quick question? You recommended the book 3rd Culture Kids to me, didn't you? I absolutely want to thank you for the book as I think I've finally discovered my roots in rootlessness. Does that make sense? It's also helping me with my book revisions. THANK YOU.