Monday, July 07, 2008

What's Happening in my Life

Computer problems.
I am sorry that I have been unable to visit and comment at my regular blog reads. My laptop has been in the shop as my screen died last week. I am borrowing my husbands computer and sharing it with the rest of the family ,which leaves me little time to comment and browse blogs. I hope to get my own computer back soon!

My Family.
My daughter, Jackie, and her family returned to Paraguay and my daughter, Jewel, went with them. I really miss her. Especially in the kitchen!!!!

My International Move.
We hope to leave for Paraguay the first week of August. This means that right now we are swamped with Visa paperwork. Getting documents translated, authenticated, send this one to California, this one to Washington, another to N.Y. and some to Caracas! AARRGGHH! And shipping. More documents, finalize packing, send the shipping company an itemized shipping list of each and every box...

My Health.
We took a trip to Disney when the kids were here and my back still has not recovered. I had a bad week end spent in bed which meant I missed a meeting I had been looking forward to for quite awhile. I hope I will have a chance to go visit the church before we leave as I was unable to do so this week end. There are some very special people there I so much wanted to chat with! You know who you are!

My Silver Wedding Anniversary.
July 9th is our 25th Wedding Anniversary! We will not be able to do much as all our time and money is going into the move to Paraguay. I do hope to purchase SOMETHING silver, but figure it will make more sense to do so in Luque, Paraguay, where silver is so much more affordable.


Blog Talk Radio.
This Friday, I will be interviewed on Blog Talk Radio by W.C. and Always on Watch for their show, 'The Gathering Storm'. ( Show airs 12:00 -1:00 P.M. I will be on the bottom half of the hour)It would be great if any of my regular readers would be able to listen in. We will be discussing many topics,but also the Iran/Venezuela connection.

Listen in by clicking below!

Listen to Gathering Storm Report on internet talk radio

24 comments:

Gayle said...

Sorry about your back and your pc, Rita. I hope you're feeling better!

Liz said...

Rita, un fuerte abrazo y que te pongas bien pronto! mira que necesitas de toda tu salud y fuerza para tu nuevo destino misionero!!!!

Blessings!!

Amanda said...

Congrats on this big milestone anniversary!

Findalis said...

Congratulation on the anniversary. And I hope your back gets better and computer gets fixed fast.

Betty said...

Congrats on your anniversary! You should celebrate it! For sure! It´s a really big deal. Maybe we get to see a picture of the happy couple?
Also I hope your back gets better and happy moving!

Kate said...

Feel better, JM! And congrats on the anniversary :) Abrazos desde DC!

Baptist Girl said...

HAPPY 25TH ANNIVERSARY! Our is this year too December 1st! I hope you and your hubby have a wonderful day Rita!

Cristina

Dawn said...

I am so sorry that you missed visiting this special church - and the trip to Disney must have been difficult with a backache.

I trust you'll learn to love Paraguay as much as you did Venezuela!

Happy Anniversary!!

Unknown said...

Oh Yeah, I'd forgotten about that computer problem!

Happy Anniversary! I'll be thinkin' about you on the 9th! 25 years! Wow, I can't wrap my brain around that one!

Deborah said...

Happy Anniversary!

Aaawwww, too bad I missed hearing you on the blog radio broadcast... that would have been interesting. Hope you had a good time doing it.

Will you be able to stay plugged into the Internet when you move to Paraguay? I'm not blogging much these days, but I'd sure hate to see your ability to post limited by lack of connectivity. No matter, what's important is that you and your husband are doing the LORD's work!

God bless you and Mr. Jungle abundantly!

Shalom,
Deborah

Most Rev. Gregori said...

Just encase I miss it, Happy Anniversary. hope you feel better soon.

God bless.

Gecko said...

jm, all the very best for your move, I really am quite envious, is this a permanent move?
Happy 25th! and do hope your back recovers in time for the move, and that your computer is up and running soon! I have to say the one thing I really dislike sharing, is a computer! My sympathies! Take care Pam

Thursday's Child said...

Mabrook on your anniversary! Good luck on your move. I'll try to remember Friday to check out the interview. Is it only live or can I listen anytime? Being so far ahead I might have trouble listening live.

The Merry Widow said...

Deborah-The broadcast is THIS Friday! LOL! So you do have a chance, if not, there are podcasts.
Egads, Rita! You sound like you could use an extra few sets of hands and minds!
May the move go smoothly, and everything arrive on time and in excellent shape!
And Happy Anniversary!
Good morning, G*D bless and Maranatha!

tmw

Brenda said...

So sorry to hear about your computer problems!

Look forward to having you back 100%!

CrimeSceneFairy said...

Hope your computer gets fixed!
Happy packing time!
Hope you feel better!
Happy Anniversary!
Hope I get to listen to listen to the blog talk radio thing!

Glenn B said...

Fell better, and happy Anniversary

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better soon!

P would love to discuss details of a LOTR party with you! Send me an e-mail so I can e-mail you her address. My address is on my blog!

Jane said...

Busy times! I can sympathize with you about your back. I am headed to my chiropractor for mine today.
Congrats on your 25th anniversary. It goes by quickly doesn't it?
Have a safe trip to Paraguay. We are leaving next week for Venezuela!

Charles said...

Happy Anniversary,


Hope that 'puter gets fixed quickly

Feel Better

TO BECOME said...

I am glad that you let us know how things are going with you. I am so sorry about your back. I certainly know how that can be. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! Pray that your moves goes smoothly and you get where God want you all to be safely. You remain in my prayers. Have a very happy day. connie from texas

ExploreColorado said...

I had the privilage of translating a birth certificate and its apostille this year. I've not done that before. It was and intrigueing oppertunity. I'm sure it was much less fun to be on your side of the endevour.
Hope your move goes well. As I have just finished moving, I don't envy you the task. God bless.
Vickie

Pilot-Pooja said...

Hey Rita dear, it was so heartening to have your updates...Seems you had a great time at DISNEY..

Missing your daughters at the kitchen..) hope you join them soon...

Loads of congratulations for being interviewed at Blog Talk Radio..

Cheer$..

Anonymous said...

Rita, It's been a long time since I have tapped into your blog. Sounds like your off on another mission Journey for Our Lord. May he heal you and Bless the two of you as you move onto a new field but nevertheless souls are there to be saved too. Lord willing maybe someday and not to far away Chavez will be gone and you'll be able to return to the people you so love in the jungle of Venzuala. Wishing you and your family all the best and the Blessing of God. Don, penless writers friend.