Wednesday, June 20, 2007

A Child's Perspective



I am borrowing this from my youngest daughters blog. She is the "artistic" one and also the "drama queen" of the family. I just wanted to share with you the thoughts of a child as she goes through this hectic time in our life.



Monday, June 18, 2007

Just A Quick Update

I feel like a bomb exploded in my throat. I am sick with Tonsillitis again. I have already had it so many times that I can't remember how many times I have had it!! IS THAT SCARY OR WHAT??
Anyway, I just want to thank everyone for the prayers on my 'goodbye, doggies' situation.
Thank you. They are really helping.
Our house is also very empty, as many of you know, we are moving to the states. Packing is NOT very fun, but it HAS to be done. ( As my Mom, AKA Jungle Mom always says.)
My room is no longer a room. All of my posters have been taken down, and pretty soon, my bed will be gone as well, since it has already been sold.
We are going to be having a yard sale in a few days as well. Boy, are things hectic.
And (as if that's not enough) I have a rehearsal with a friend of mine, this Wednesday as well as a good-bye party that same night.

Let's hope I get better before then. Oh well, at least I get to eat ice cream! (if Dad will ever go out and get that along with my antibiotics.)
The Lord has blessed my whole family, in all the time he gave us to have here.
No one ever say that He doesn't care.
Also, my turtles will be going to their new homes sometime this week. They, too, will have happy homes.
Well, I need to get some rest for another long day tomorrow.
God Bless, and keep praying for little Madeleine McCaan.
Oh, and keep checking Peter's blog. Don't leave him all alone.
He writes poetry like a professional! I feel each of his posts deeply.
BTW, Shane won the Caption Contest.
" I AM THE BEAST!! FEAR ME!!"
Soon I will do another caption contest. And I want Tom Blogical to enter, too. He is a humorous genius.
Well, Bye Now!!

13 comments:

Abouna said...

Jungle Mom: You tell that little one to take care of those tonsils. That is one problem I never had as a kid, though I did get some pretty wicked sore throats. My biggest ailment was always migraine headaches. Some times I think that God gives us aches and pains just so that we know that we are alive.

Praying that you all continue to remain safe and well.

Harry said...

Tonsillitis? My son is (not so) fond of getting Strep Throat. He gets it at least once a year it seems. Are you getting enough rest? He seems to get sick when he's not allowing his body enough time to recharge. Are you eating well? Keeping away from the junk food? That does have an effect, you know. You kids have to take better care of yourselves.

Kristi said...

Ahhh, that's wonderful. What a sweetheart. She seems like she has a really wonderful spirit about her. She and my Hannah would get along great, I think. :) I didn't realize she had a blog or I would have been reading it by now. :)

~Kristi

Sherry said...

Yikes, I used to get strept throat and bronchitis. I would take antibiotics and once they were finished, BOOM about 5 days later, it would come back again. It did this for about 2 months. Finally my doctor said we were going the old fashioned route...100 proof whiskey! It got rid of it in 3 days! Haven't had it since either! LOL

Get well soon Rita. God Bless you!

Unknown said...

Oh I know Rita! My heart broke when I read her latest post because I know she must be dreading the goodbyes from all her little friends.

Tell her to wash those hands with soap hundreds of times each day to keep the germs away so she can stay well!

Dawn said...

Very well written! I had tonsillitis a lot as well - the last time the doctor said he'd take them out if I had it again. I was 19 at the time. I never got it again, but got strep throat as a young mom (maybe they're the same thing)!

Portrait of Peter said...

Your daughter never fails to amaze me with her natural talent for writing.

I just hope her Father - remembered the ice-cream??

Liz said...

Rita, give my love to your precious girl.

Try rosemary, salt and honey in boiling water. Pass it through a strainer and keep in the fridge.
Warm up half a cup, 3 times a day and make "gárgaras" with it. Helps a LOT! Rosemary doesn't need to be fresh, you may use the one that you find in the supermarket (dried in bottles).

My boy used to suffer from tonsillitis, asthma, sinusitis... and I assure you, this preparation helps. honey is a 'natural' antibiotic, you know.

Liz

Stephanie Appleton said...

What a sweetie! I can't imagine how hectic things must be for you now!

Rita Loca said...

Jayde did get the ice cream and is on antibiotics. I will mix up the syrup Liz prescribed.
She is feeling better and was able to go to the going away party.

Susan said...

Quite the young writer. Good job!!
Susan
P.S. Chip off the old block?

Anonymous said...

She is one insightful young lady, and I have thought for a long time, wise beyone her years!!

What talent and compassion!!

Mishel said...

Aww, you can tell just by reading her post that she is a sweetie--and she has her mama's sense of humor! : ) I do hope she feels better soon!!