Monday, July 16, 2007

Just Some Chit Chat about my Children

or...Proud mom bragging on her kids!


My children amaze me at how quickly they are able to adapt and become involved wherever they may be. They also show a testimony of their faith in the life styles they have chosen. This is the greatest reward for me as a mother. I can only hope that they may continue forth with a life of service towards others and a life of purpose.


We had a busy weekend. Starting off with the parrilla on Friday night. Saturday was busy getting both of my girls ready for camp.

Pastor (?) Joshua Vernoy 20 years old

My son who is a junior in college is very involved at his church. He is a Bus Captain and my two girls are helping him. He visits his area every Saturday morning and the girls are going with him to help as there are many Spanish speaking people in the area. Then on Sunday morning they go and pick up any one wanting to go to church. He averages 40 - 45 riders each week. It is good to see them involved in ministry so soon after arriving here in country! Josh also preaches on Sunday afternoon at a Retirement Home for house bound elderly people unable to get to church.They love him there!!

We are all attending the Spanish Church at West Gate Baptist Church. The Pastor just resigned and another student, who happens to be a missionary kid from our same mission, is the interim pastor. My son is helping him by teaching the mid week Bible Study. Josh began a study of the book of Philippians and it was very well done.



(Rn.) Jewel Leigh
age 17


This morning, Jewel left for Nursing Camp. She hopes to become a missionary nurse and after growing up with the dispensary and all she saw and helped with in the village, I think she will be a great one. She flew off at 5 am this morning very excited.



Jungle Bunny TEEN (?)
Jayde
age 12


Jayde left by bus for teen camp . This is her first year as a teen camper and Dad was a little nervous. This is a church camp and she was so excited she re-packed her suitcase at least 4 times.

That leaves me with a week of quiet in the house as Josh works full time. I plan to spend it ordering my school curriculum for the girls next year of home schooling, 8th grade for Jayde and 11th for Jewel. I do get frustrated re-ordering books I already had, but that are left in the jungle!!!!



Jackie on her wedding day!
My oldest daughter, Jackie, is due with her second child any day now. Saturday, little Elena came down with the chicken pox. It is very hard to be here and not there in Paraguay with them. We are praying the baby's birth will hold off for a week or so until the worse is over!!!



Le Le with chicken pox!

.

I don't want to leave out my "other" child!! This is Brian, my son- in-law, missionary in Paraguay. We are proud of him as well, since he is the father of our grandchildren!



Brian and Jackie
Wedding Reception
Barquisimeto, Lara
Venezuela

12 comments:

Michael said...

Beautiful family; you have a lot to brag about.
Grandchild #1 there is very cute; almost as cute as my Sabra Baby! (of course, I am a completely unbiased observer)

TO BECOME said...

The picture are wonderful. You have such wonderful children and I know they are a reflection of you and your husband. I will have somthing for you on my blog tomorrow probably in the afternoon some time. I hope you get to see it. connie from Texas

Anonymous said...

Your family is so beautiful and you can be so proud of them. Jewel looks so much like you from your wedding photos. She is gorgeous! I can't wait to hear how Jayde does at camp. I'm sure she will have a blast.
Love the update on the family. Can't wait to hear about the new baby :)

nanc said...

there is NEVER a bad time to be puffed up about our children!

they're beautiful.

~~Deby said...

Rita...loved seeing all the pictures...I always read Jackie's blog...so seeing her wedding pictures were sheer joy. I have her upcoming birth on our prayer list at my church..she is such a sweet young woman..
Rita...you have done a great job...and I know you give the Glory...
So enjoy your peace and quiet..
Go get a pedicure...relax...and of course BLOG...
Deby

Susan said...

Wonderful post on your children, Rita. Enjoyed the lovely photos. Especially Jackie's wedding pictures. What a lovely young woman she is.
Susan

Anonymous said...

Your kids are wonderful.....cute, talented, and above all, a heart for the Lord. No matter the call, they jump in and serve for His glory!!

You should be proud!!

Sis. Julie said...

Thank you for sharing those pictures. You have a beautiful family. I can see why you are so proud of all of them.

Unknown said...

Hey I'm proud too!!!

WomanHonorThyself said...

ah God bless y'all!..stunning !!

Liz said...

Rita,
they grow up so fast.. don't they?

Liz

Anonymous said...

I loved these photos!! The girls are all just gorgeous, and I can see why you would be very proud of all your childrens' accomplishments, too!! =)