Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Describes me Quite Well!



If my body were a car, this is the time I would be thinking
about trading it in for a newer model.
I've got bumps and dents and scratches in my finish
and my paint job is getting a little dull ...
but that's not the worst of it.
My headlights are out of focus
and it's especially hard to see things up close.
My traction is not as graceful as it once was.
I slip and slide and skid and bump into things
even in the best of weather.
My whitewalls are stained with varicose veins.
It takes me hours to reach my maximum speed.
My fuel rate burns inefficiently.
But here's the worst of it --



Almost every time I sneeze, cough or sputter ...
either my radiator leaks or my exhaust backfires!

Thanks Just a Thought!

11 comments:

Jackie said...

ROTFLOL. My radiator leaks and exhaust backfires too! I think it has to do with the three pounds of baby jumping on my bladder!! :)

Jane said...

Oh My Word!!! I am about to hurt myself laughing!!! Tell me... are you that creative, or did you copy that?!?

And praise God that when we get to Heaven, we will be a perfect new shinny model, never to rust again! Woo Hoo!

I have had a very good afternoon, you have been the big icing rose on the cake! Thanks!

Abouna said...

Sounds like me. My carburator don't car, ny manifold doesn't man, my distrbutor refuses to distribute and my pistons don't work either.

God Bless.

Rita Loca said...

Jane-Jane,

I saw it at another site but I did not see the author.

CaraqueƱa said...

Try jumping on a trampoline...then you realize how old you really are!

Pen of Jen said...

I am embarrassed to admit that this is why I so dislike sneezing!!!

Too fun!

Kristi said...

LOL, that is so hilarious. LOL

~Kristi

Anonymous said...

Boy oh boy, do I know how that poor little car feels, all too well!!! :-) Something about having a bunch of kids will do some of those things to you...

I was glad to hear that you are recovering well and that your experience at the clinic was such a positive one!! Thank you SO MUCH for stopping by to let me know you are still praying for us. It means more than you can imagine. :-)

Dawn said...

Aging is the pits!! Thanks for a good chuckle.

Thanks for catching up with our story - it does bring one to tears!

Denomination - Nazarene. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Isn't a hoot how we can so relate to this, hehe! Hope you are glad to be on the mend. I've been meeting some of your family and loving them all. I think I just found out how they are finding me :)

Portrait of Peter said...

I think this one your husband can keep as evidence - when he has to 'upgrade to a new model'!!!

I do have a cruel sense of humour - but that's because I see myself in many of what you describe!!

Great post!!