Monday, May 07, 2007

"Don't Try This At Home"- Update on Jungle Mom

Hi Ya'll!

This is Jungle Mom's sister, Pam, from "Midnight Musings". I spoke with Rita on the phone about an hour ago and she sounded well - considering! She gave me her password to Blogger so that I could leave this update for all her faithful readers and blog friends.

Due to the fact that she was under anesthesia for 8 hours yesterday, the Dr. feels Rita should stay one more night in the hospital. Of course, Rita said to thank you all for your prayers. She is in some pain, but the surgery was a success. She may give you more details later when she is able. For now, I will tell you bits and pieces. She is in a small, private clinic in the city where she lives. Her dear hubby Clint is with her and spent the night there on a roll-away bed. In fact, when I spoke with him, I thought he sounded just as groggy as Rita did! He jokingly told me she wouldn't let him get any rest last night! LOL When I asked Rita if she had anything she would like for me to tell you all on her blog, she said in a dry, groggy voice, "Yeah, tell them DON'T try this at home!" As you can tell, she still has her wit about her!

19 comments:

Susan said...

She sure hasn't lost her sense of humor that's for sure!

Baptist Girl said...

Thank you Pam for the update. I hope Rita has a quick recovery.Will keep praying

Cristina

Anonymous said...

Thankful she is doing okay at this point. If she has her wit she must be okay, hehe. Much love and prayers are being sent her way and before the thone of our Father.

Tell her to hurry back to the important things in this life....blogging :)

No, really, tell her to rest and get well! She is loved!

TO BECOME said...

Jungle Mom, I am so glad that things have gone well so far and I promise I want try this at home. Jim is too old to sleep on a cot. lol. I hope you are soon home and up and about doing all the things you love to do. I will look forward to seeing you here at your blog as soon as possible. Take care, dear friend, connie from Texas. I hope you husband survives it all also.

Anonymous said...

Glad her sense of humor is there---we know she is on the mend!!

Prayers with ehr and the family!!

Abouna said...

Jungle Mom said "Don't try this at home". Shucks, I was just planning on removing my own gall bladder!...LOL

All kidding aside, I am glad to hear that your doing so much better. See, prayer does work.

Jane said...

thanks for the update Pam! Now that you have her pass word, you could have lots of fun with her! LOL

I'll be praying for a quick recovery and look forward to Rita's blogging again.

Anonymous said...

Miss you JM. Thank God you're doing fine.

Krista said...

Praying for you Rita--Get well soon! Take some great pain medication and you will be back to yourself in no time :)!

Webutante said...

So glad to get that update, Pam, and know Rita is progressing well but groggily! Please send her out love.

Liz said...

Thanks for the up-date, and tell her to take it easy!
Liz

Teresa Maynard said...

That wit proves you are improving. So, you're coming to the states in June? For how long? Wouldn't it be great if you guys and Pam and her guys could come to WV and hang out with me???? I'd love that!!

TO BECOME said...

I know how it is with surgery, usually the third day is the worst. I just want you to know you are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you are doing much better very soon. We miss you. connie from Texas

Portrait of Peter said...

Thanks Pam, for keeping us informed of your dear sister and so very pleased to know that she is progressing well.

And do agree - she certainly has not lost her sense of humour!!

Give her all our good wishes and for her to know she is contantly in our prayers and thoughts too.

Sherry said...

Rita. I know what you are going through, I've had those problems since I was 12. Hope you get to feeling better and back on your feet to do God's work soon. Take care and God Bless You!

Kimberly said...

Just today got back online. Glad to hear everything went well. Will keep all of you in prayer

Beach Girl said...

You are in my prayers continually.

Looking forward to having you back in Blogland!

Vanessa

Sis. Julie said...

It's great to hear she is doing okay. I'm continuing to pray for her. THank you for the update!!

American Crusader said...

Great news! Thanks for the update.