Friday, May 11, 2007

Jungle Mom returns...Sorta!


Thank You all!Thank you for your prayers and best wishes. Thank you for the kind and loving comments left for me as well. And thanks to my sis and hubby for updates!

I am now able to sit up for short times and am off most of the meds , so I am not so loopy! I trust myself not to reveal any family secrets! I don't have much to blog about since this week was mainly confined to a hospital room, my room with bouts of pain followed by droggy sleep from the pain medication. Everything is going well. I just went in to have the drainage tubes removed which made me feel so much better!

Sunday, I don't remember much of , apparently I had a political discussion with one doctor about Chavez, which I remember nothing about!!! Monday I had some mild side effects from the morphine which I did not enjoy! By Tuesday, I had the morphine out of my system and felt so much more in control. More pain on Tuesday, but I was better able to handle it and went home Tuesday evening. The ride home on the rough roads of Barquisimeto where every street seems to be in repairs, was painful.( Aqui decimos "Barquisihueco")

By Wednesday, I was doing so much better! PTL! Thursday was better yet and I actually slept a solid four hours! Unfortunately one of the drainage tubes decided to come out which required a trip to the surgeon. He removed them as I have had very little bleeding. So.... another week of complete rest followed by another few weeks of semi recovery and then..good as new, or better, I hope!

22 comments:

Janie said...

Glad you are doing a little better but I will still be praying for you! Hope you have a good Mother's Day!

Jane said...

Sooo good to hear from you! Missed you and I will continue to pray for your recovery!

Watch those pain meds... you are to opinionated and knowledgeable and in an unfriendly country to not know what you are saying! LOL!!!

Liz said...

So glad you're back. Girl, I missed you! Really, I came many times daily just to have an update.

Barquisihueco??!!! LOL, I see that you're getting better and even under drugs you speak against -you-kno-who- HAHAHAHA!!

Besos y abrazos para tí.

Liz

Dawn said...

I'm so glad you're not loopoy any more. That would have been fun to hear the political discussion that you don't remember!

TO BECOME said...

My prayer is that you will be feeling much better. I am so glad you are back. You have been missed so very much. Don't get in to big a hurry. Call in your fairy God Mother, I know she is willing to do everything that you just must do. We wish.lol No, kidding, go slow. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY. connie from Texas

Kimberly said...

Glad you're back.

Kristi said...

Side effects from morphine can be really aggrivating. I'm so glad you're feeling somewhat better. Would have LOVED to have heard your conversation on Chavez. LOL

~Kristi

Abouna said...

After having a political discussion with the doctors about Chavez, I hope you don't get any night visitors.

Glad to see you making great progress.

Still prying for you.

BTW, I love those pics

Tina said...

it was good to see you again!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back. A big hug from me. Take it easy and get pelnty of rest.

Unknown said...

Yea! She blogged!

Rosemary Welch said...

God bless you, dear. You relax. You'll be back in the flicker of an eye. You've earned the rest. :)

Caraqueña said...

I guess you don't remember...was the Dr. oposicion o chavista? lol

Portrait of Peter said...

You have been deeply missed and now so delighted to see your return to your "Blogging Friends".

Do take care and still plenty of rest is the prescription.

Anonymous said...

Glad you feel as though you are back int he land of the living!!

Still praying for you and the family...

FeathersMcGraw said...

Jungle Mom!

I didn´t know!!!!!!

I am very happy to check that you are at home and doing better. Surgeries suck :(

Hope everything if fine now and you are back into the blog world :D

F

Lyndy said...

Rita, Haven’t been blogging much this week so I am a little behind in blog updates. However, I am so glad to hear that you are doing better. Praying your recovery goes smoothly.

Happy Mother’s Day to you my sweet friend.

Hugs, Lyndy

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

So glad you are feeling better...love the graphic!!

Deedra said...

I'm really glad you're feeling better! Hope your up and around real soon!

Donnetta said...

Glad to hear you are on the road to recovery. Praying for continued healing!

Design.by.Kina said...

Isn't that cartoon true for all us bloggies?

groovyoldlady said...

I am SO far behind on my blog visiting. Glad to hear you are recovering.