Friday, April 13, 2007

I am One of a Kind !


HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere is
1
person with my name
in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?

I have had several nick names in my life.
In Elementary School I was known as Rita Book! (Read a book) I always had my nose in a book.
In Jr. High school I was known as, The Baptist Nun.
In High School, I was The Preacher's Kid.
When I arrived in Venezuela I was usually called, La gringa.
In Ye'kwana they called me , Jaduudu (banana)

Why? Well, when a banana ripens it develops brown spots. I have freckles just like a ripe banana! I know, very flattering!!

What about you all, any nicknames you want to share?
.


7 comments:

Susan said...

My mama called me Doodle Bug or Doodly. Don't know why. My mom's brothers both still call me Susie. My husband calls me Trix. No idea why!

Pen of Jen said...

My husband calls me sweetie. My siblings call me Jenny. In school I was called peanut(I guess because I am so short) and as a couple Bill's co-workers call us Mutt and Jeff(they claim it is a tv show)I believe that they are making a joke as to our 16 inches in height difference!

~ Amy ~ said...

My nickname was given to me by my Dad when I was a little tot and to this day he still calls me it. ~CRICKET~ I love it! It's special to me.

Momma Roar said...

My parents called me little little since I was...well, little. My dad will still say it and my hubby says it too. I have a feeling it may get passed on to my daughter, she's a half pint as well :)
I have freckles too and when my children first see them, they ask about my boo-boos.

Liz said...

I had too many.. all in spanish, they don't have the same meaning in english. See, in venezuela we're very strange people... to call somebody fat or black, is a term of endearment. Jungle mom knows about this ;-)

Gordita, (fat!)
Piti, (no idea, ask my brother)
Catira, (blond)
Muñeca,(doll, ask my dad)
Ave (bird.. ask my husband!)

And I call myself Liz, because my name was too long to write ;-)

Unknown said...

Hmmm ... share ... nope!

Kimberly said...

Johnny used to call me "bird legs" or Big Bird in school. Now....can't think of any.