Wednesday, April 25, 2007

A Missionary Moment


As I have mentioned before, my husband is doing a lot of traveling around the country presenting marriage conferences. He has been doing a lot of 2 day conferences on the weekends. The conferences have been very well attended and last weekend he was in nearby Quibor. The conference is called, "Amor Y Respeto" and based on the material of the book. "Love and Respect" If you can get the book, do so! He went to the Christian book store in our city today to pick up more of the books to take to his next conference and the sales girl said,
"OH , you are the guy who is promoting this book! We cant keep it on the shelves. Baptist keep coming in here to buy it because some gringo named CLINTON is teaching about it."

Next weekend we will be in Acarigua.






I am posting some pictures of last weekend's conference at one of our newer churches. Iglesia Bautista "La Roca". It is a few years old now and in the process of building. The pastor is a young man I have known since he was a child. He was one of my first Sunday School students.

He was a TERROR! He actually kicked me in the shins once during class! He used to make fun of my gringo accent. Now he is doing an excellent job in church planting and has a small Bible Institute at the church where my husband has been teaching on Saturdays. He is Pastor Luis Enrique Carriles... but to me he will always be KIKE (key-kay) the KICKER!!!

15 comments:

southfield_2001 said...

Wow, what a beautiful looking country. Too bad Chavez is intent on destroying it. Keep up the fight against him; he embodies everything that has too often gone wrong for South Americans.

Brandie said...

How great to see someone from Sunday school now doing that work!

PS you asked how I found your blog ... I'm also the author of Skipping Along but on my profile page it only links to Journey. But you commented on my Faith like a Child post the other day. Sorry to confuse you like that!

Unknown said...

Hey I like Southfield! Clint looks great in thses photos! So glad God is blessing amongst the storm!

marallyn ben moshe said...

amazing how litle monsters turn out to be great men...lol...as a teacher for all my life i can sympathize...although no one ever kicked me in the shins lol...great post...loved the pics

Portrait of Peter said...

Thank you so very much for your kind comments re: my nicu poem.

You may link to the poem.

Blessings to you.

Anonymous said...

Love it---

You ae doing a mighty work for the Lord in encouraging families to be just that!!

God bless you and we will pray as "Clinton" the Baptist teaches!!

Pen of Jen said...

Wow, How cool that the book is selling out!

Thank you for participating in the Pen of Jen caption contest, You took 3rd!!!

Don't forget to come back next Tuesday!

Rita...thanks for your comment on my blog. I truly feel close to you and I am so grateful for you and your family:)

Susan said...

Good post about good work.

Shane Rios said...

he always looks like that Mom lol.

Jackie said...

This post almost made me cry. Reminds me that we are here in Paraguay for a reason, and while things may start off slow, there will be results one day. I just hope we dont have a Chavez here ever.

Caraqueña said...

Hey, Rita, what on earth are Quique and his wife doing in the pic with Clint? She looks like she just saw a ghost! *BTW, what IS her name?...never can remember*

Rita Loca said...

Caraqueña;
Selenia and Kike were helping Clint with a skit about "conflicts".( He has always spelled his name with 2 "k's")

Kristi said...

Love the pics. He looks like he'd be a fun speaker...maybe one day we'll get to hear him! :)

~Kristi

Lyndy said...

What a wonderful thing you and your husband are doing. Keeping you in my prayers friend.

Anonymous said...

Yet another fantastic post. Thanks.