Saturday, April 07, 2007

Update On My Dad

From Pam;

Now moving onto Dad! He is stable and therefore was moved onto the regular floor this afternoon, so he is no longer in Cardiac Intensive Care. He is off the nitro drip and blood thinner IV as well. The room he is in will afford him to get much needed rest as he gears up for his surgery. The room is large with a full couch and recliner in it. As a matter of fact, they brought my mom pillows and blankets and she is staying there tonight. Dad got up for awhile and sat in the recliner. The best thing that happened to him to day is that my mom brought in his glasses and Bible!

The surgeon came in this afternoon and told him the by pass surgery will take place at 12:00 noon Monday. The two arteries which need to be replaced are from the original five which were replaced in 1999. The veins they used have just worn out. We had hoped that first by pass would have lasted longer than 8 years. At least this by pass surgery is being entered upon in a calm, informed manner. The one in '99 was an emergency surgery in the middle of the night!

Your kind comments are so warming to me and to my dad as well. I have been printing them out and taking them to the hospital to read to him. He and my mom were struck at how strangers from all over the world are lifting him up in prayer. Thank you all once again.

8 comments:

Jane said...

I'm praying for your dad's health, and your mom as she tends to his needs. We too live away from our family... I understand what it is like to want to be there by their bedside while they are ill. I am praying for you too, my sister. Jane

Maggie Ann said...

Hoping the needed surgery goes well as I pause to pray...And, thanks for your nice comments on my blog...=).

Anonymous said...

The power of prayer, the power of the internet!

Much love to you as you are far away. Thankfully you are connected to your loved ones and always in the hand of your heavenly Father.

May your dad feel total peace that passes understanding just knowing that the Lord has his life in his hands. It is my prayer that God will also surround your mom with his comfort, giving her all that she may stand in need of during this time. May the strongholds of the enemy be pulled down and may victory belong to the the Lord. We know he is the one who gives us a purpose in this life and we trust that God has much for you dad to still accomplish on the earth. Rita, may you know that friends in far away places care deeply for you. I know we only met a short time ago, but God has connected our hearts through him. I believe we are to rejoice with each other and to carry one anothers burdens. You can rest knowing that your blogger friend is carrying deeply for you.

Love in the name of Christ our Lord, Ginger

Mishel said...

I'm praying! : )

Rita Loca said...

I thank you all for your prayers and sweet comments of support.

Susan said...

I've continued praying for your dad. I'm glad to hear that he is out of intensive care and doing better!

Kristi said...

I know it must be difficult being away from your dad during this time. I'll pray for him, and especially at noon on Monday.

~Kristi

Lyndy said...

I am still praying for your dad and hope everything goes well tomorrow.

Thanks so much for your prayers. I did not meet with Lee today, as I just did not feel the time was right after praying about it most of the night . We will be meeting tomorrow night after he gets out of church as he as a men’s meeting.

I am still in shock but I know that God is faithful and I don’t want to be in a relationship that is not in the will of God.

Please keep the prayers coming, as they are so appreciated.

Lyndy