Friday, April 27, 2007

The Importance of Life


I have recently been reading Peter's blog. He works in the NICU and lives in Scotland. He writes amazing poetry, something I enjoy reading but have never been able to write. He has allowed me to share this poem with you all, but make sure and check out his blog for even more!


~MY POEM I DEDICATE - TO MY LOVE - NICU ~

ONLY WHEN I DREAM - NICU

Only when I dream
Can I see your pain
Of the darkness from within
The hurt of your tears
Drip slowly from your face
As eye contact prevails.

Only when I dream
Do I feel the cold needle
Gently protrude your skin
And the blood flows
From within.

Only when I dream
Are there shadows of
black and white
in this your tiny room
alone, oh so alone.

Only when I dream
Do I see your smile
The touch of your hand
As I watch over you
And pray yet again
For a new life
Created so beautifully
From such a dream.

By Peter © (2007)

*** Dedicated to “Life so Beautiful – NICU” ***


http://portraitofpeter.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes I have been enjoying getting to know *PETER*. I appreciate his work in the NICU so much, as my first born was premature and required a little extra attention! God bless these wonderful folks who also see their jobs as ministering to families.

Anonymous said...

Outstanding post and pictures. I'm going to snag a few.